The Killing Game by Iris Johansen

The Killing Game (2000)

by Iris Johansen

This review is for Troy who thought my idea of doing a review by only using gifs interesting. I may do a proper one later on, but right now, this is how I felt about this book. I will add some text just to make the review a bit more understanding. But, I will try to use text as little as possible. Let's start!

This book was just as the first one good with a compelling story and a really crazy killer.

We also had a bit of a triangle drama between Logan, Eve and Joe. It's actually nice that Iris Johansen didn't drag out it through 20 books. Instead, did she make Eve and the guy in question a couple in this book. And, I could have lived with either choice, to be honest...

How about the story with the killer?

(I thought I had the ending figured out but, the last twist I never suspected)

4.5 stars
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |
Impossible to accept for reasons that would give away the plot. So many problems with this book, not the least of which is why two fine gentlemen continue to pursue a flighty. ungrateful bitch of a woman with little to no redeeming qualities. The book becomes readable to its unlikely conclusion, if for no other reason, then to see how really awful it is; One star at least for that ( )
  brucemmoyer | Jun 21, 2015 |
Excellent entry in the Eve Duncan series. Really enjoying these books. The tension that builds throughout the book, as well as the intrigue and plot twists, keep you interested and unable to put the book down. Really good, suspenseful read. ( )
  dd196406 | Nov 16, 2013 |
I am truly enjoying re-reading this series. Iris Johansen never disappoints me. ( )
  pfodge | Oct 17, 2013 |
I read the ebook version of this from the library even though I do have a paperback edition. It was pretty good. There was a nice twist that really got me. I would like to read the next book in the series eventually. ( )
  Barb_H | Mar 30, 2013 |
My sincere appreciation once again to N. Eileen Barrow with the FACES Laboratory at Louisiana State University. She always meets my bizarre questions with courtesy, warmth, and a sense of humor.
Also my deepest thanks to Engineer Jarod Carson with the Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services for giving so generously of his time and help.
The skeleton had been in the ground for a long time.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0553581554, Mass Market Paperback)

Eve Duncan returns as the popular heroine of Iris Johansen's latest suspense thriller, The Killing Game. After the murder of her daughter Bonnie and years of work as a forensic sculptor, Eve had hoped to find some solace in semi-retirement. But when her friend Joe Quinn informs her of the unearthing of multiple bodies, including those of children, Eve cannot resist getting caught up. Those bones may be Bonnie's, and somewhere out there is a dangerous serial murderer. With Joe's loyal help, Eve grimly sets out to find a killer.

Determined to remain objective, Eve begins to reconstruct the face of one of the victims. But the killer wants her to become involved, and manipulates Eve's life like a puppeteer. Terrified of the killer but spurred on by her memories of Bonnie, Eve takes a gamble with her life. She will do whatever the murderer demands: she will be the bait, betting her life for the chance to save others.

As a great suspense novel should, The Killing Game keeps the action and the plot twists coming. Eve's job as a forensic sculptor is the perfect profession for a suspense heroine: she has official access to technical information and the emotional flexibility to react to the drama. Eve's grieving over the loss of Bonnie--and over her romantic complications--helps keep the story complex and appealing. Turn on all of the lights and keep the phone nearby--you won't want to be alone in the dark while reading this one. --Nancy R.E. O'Brien

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:33 -0400)

Forensic sculptor Eve Duncan of Atlanta hunts for a man who claims he, not the man executed, killed her daughter. The girl's body was never found and this man has intimate knowledge of the girl. By the author of The Face of Deception.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,165,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible