I'll Follow the Moon by Stephanie Lisa Tara

I'll Follow the Moon

by Stephanie Lisa Tara

Other authors: Lee Edward Fodi (Illustrator)

I'll Follow the Moon is another of book of lessons for children, in this instance, sea turtles. I am not sure about correctness, since I don't know all that much about turtles, but it was a lovely tale about the baby turtles journey back into the ocean to be with his mother.
The images are beautifully drawn and the use of various fonts and patterns made for more interactive reading. I really enjoyed this book and the informational pages it contained at the end. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
The book is great for pre-k and kindergarten. Also, the book is calming and relaxing.
  tsmugz | Sep 6, 2016 |
I'll Follow the Moon by Stephanie is a very cute illustrated colorful book, not only for children but for kids of all ages! It shows the life of a sea turtle when it's just an egg and when the turtle hatches. The egg is sitting in a nest located on the sand beach, and then when the egg cracks to tiny turtle crawls down to the water to try to find his mother. The moon lead the path of light. I thought this story was very cute and it could be a cute story to share with my class in the future because it shows the early stages of life for the turtle before finding the mom. ( )
  klytle | Dec 2, 2015 |
"I'll Follow the Moon" is a very vivid and cute story. A sea turtle emerges from his egg and tries to find his mama. He knows that in order to find her he must follow the moon. This story is perfect for children who are learning how to read because it uses simple sentences and it has adverbs like stretch, flex, go, etc. It is also repetitive so children can read along and learn the words. Every page the turtle says, "I'm coming, Mama, I'll see you soon I know just how... I'll follow the moon." The illustrations are soft, and perfect to read just before bedtime! ( )
  brittanyhamann | Dec 1, 2015 |
With delightful illustrations of flippers gliding through the salty air and a warm story line with the moon sparkling above, we have a very educational and entertaining book for young families about sea turtles. The repetition of the rhyme will draw you in with this sweet, comforting story telling. I love this one and recommend to friends with little ones. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Oct 1, 2014 |

Stephanie Lisa Taraprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fodi, Lee EdwardIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

I'll Follow the Moon traces a baby sea turtle as she hatches from a nest underneath the sandy beach and digs her way up into the soft night. Instinctively, she follows the flickering moonlight and crawls home to the sea.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,943,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible