Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1) by Alan McDermott

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1) (edition 2011)

by Alan McDermott

Series: Tom Gray (1)

Member:twitham
Title:Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Authors:Alan McDermott
Info:Smashwords (2011), Kindle Edition, 217 pages
Collections:Your library, EBooks
Rating:**
Tags:novel, thriller, fiction, British

Gray Justice by Alan McDermott (Author)

While this book was good.. Amazing at times.
I think that I would feel the same way as Tom Gray if I had to face the pain and anguish of losing my child.
Taking justice in his own hands was amazing. The trouble is I felt disconnected from the characters so where that I would love to feel emotions in this book and I think that there was some parts that could have appealed to the reader a whole lot more had someone told the author this before it was published. I am not saying it is bad and I really liked the book it was just hard for me to love it. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Many of us would sympathise with Tom Gray's decision to do something about out of control youngsters and repeat offenders, although we might not quite agree with his methodology. What he attempts to do, however, is well handled by the author, keeping us in the dark for quite a while. The way things develop through the sub plot leads to only one probable conclusion, but Alan McDermott has worked out how the story is to end, and that ending makes you want to read more in the series. A tautly paced and highly enjoyable thriller by a relatively new author. ( )
  Alan1946 | Jun 25, 2016 |
Interesting premise. Good action/thriller. Ending was predictable about 1/2 way through though.

Overall good enough that I am interested in reading the next volume in the grey series at some point. ( )
  dham340 | May 10, 2015 |
I have to admit I put off reading this for the longest time because the reviews are all over the place with ratings from 1 to 5. But it sounded good and I'm glad I finally read it. I was hooked right away and glued to my seat from the get-go. This was a can't-put-down page-turner. Certainly, it's a vigilante anti-hero vengeance story with a highly unlikely scenario and belief has to be suspended to enjoy it. The better title would have been "Gray Vengeance". I won't critique it as I could go on about what was wrong with the logic of the plot, the dialogue, the writing, etc. But in all honesty and reality, I didn't care. I loved it!!! I didn't like Tom Gray, he is morally ambiguous and not even relativistic as he knows he's doing wrong but doesn't care and thinks if he can get through the loopholes then so what. But I will definitely be returning for book 2 (which I have) as the ending was intriguing and I would love to go another round with this testosterone filled action-adventure political thriller series. Sometimes books are just a heck of a lot of fun! ( )
  ElizaJane | Apr 13, 2015 |
Absolutely stunning story. Fast action with an explosive conclusion. First rate. ( )
  imyknott | Jan 17, 2014 |

ADVENTURE / THRILLER. When a father loses his son to a career criminal, revenge just isn't enough. When ex-soldier Tom Gray loses his wife and child to a career criminal, it seems life can't get much worse. But when the killer is let off with time served on remand, Gray knows there is something fundamentally wrong with the justice system. Engaging the help of his ex-SAS buddies, he kidnaps five repeat offenders and asks the public to vote on their fate: Should they be allowed to continue their criminal ways with inadequate punishment, or has Britain had enough? His website attracts a worldwide audience and, although the authorities know where he is, they are powerless to stop him. Can Gray carry out his audacious plan? Will Andrew Harvey and his fellow MI5 operatives find a way to stop him? Gray Justice is more than a simple tale of revenge: it's a rollercoaster ride with an ending you?ll never forget.… (more)

2 wanted1 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,198,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible