Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Trouble in Spades by Heather Webber

Trouble in Spades

by Heather Webber

Loving this series! ( )
  cougargirl1967 | Jan 7, 2014 |
very good, enjoyed all the twists
  JanetArmentani | Jul 25, 2013 |
This book introduces Nina's sister Maria - and she's a crack up!More complicated and more suspenseful, I think, this book is a perfect summer read. The switch to Avon was a good one - this book is more polished and complete than the first one (under Harper Collins).Heather Webber does a great job in creating interesting characters - Brickhouse Krause is a kick. Nina's relationship with her ex is aggravating - but probably realistic. He's just a snake...Starting the series from this book is fine - I think it's a better place than where I first took it on (in book 3). ( )
  robindejarnett | Feb 15, 2011 |
This second book starts off right where the first book ended with the impending wedding of Nina's siter Maria,the problems start when the groom goes missing, and the dead bodies start piling up. Of course with dead bodies comes dealing with her cheating ex which leaves Nina feeling a bit out of sorts.

This is a fun cozy mystery the supporting charcters are so funny I love her neighbor Mr.Cabera & his girlfriend Brickhouse Krauss, we also get to know more of Nina's family in this one. Nina's sister Maria is a spoled brat and at times will get on your nerves but she also had me laughing alot.

I did figure this one out awhile before Nina did but that didn't stop me from enjoying this book and looking forward to the next one.

If you like Stephanie Plum or Goldy Schultz you'll enjoy this series. ( )
  susiesharp | Dec 4, 2010 |
A disappointment. Weaker than the first book in the series, which wasn't all that strong, this book is tedious. The character of Maria is particularly annoying and the charm that is supposed to make people willing to put up with her whining is not apparent in the story.

Webber can have a nice touch with personal relationships, though, and the secondary relationships in the story are interesting.

Not really worth reading, unless the secondary character relationships interest you. ( )
  Helcura | Apr 5, 2010 |
For my family. All my love.
"Thou, Nina Colette Ceceri Quinn, shalt come back as an only child in any future lives."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060723483, Mass Market Paperback)

Landscaping is Nina Quinn's business, but trouble seems to be her middle name. Saddled with a recently expelled, faithless local–cop husband, a teenaged terror of a stepson, and the yappiest, most unhousebreakable Chihuahua in captivity, Nina needs a respite –– and the backyard makeover she's undertaking for her sister Maria and Nate, Maria's fiance, may do the trick.

But, of course, Nate vanishes mysteriously, and Nina's gardening magic inadvertently turns up a corpse. And with a thief on the prowl who's preying on the neighborhood elderly, a suspicious Pandora's Box of a package arriving on her doorstep, and yet another body inconveniently turning up, Nina's going to have to dig into her community's dirtiest little secrets to regain her peace and sanity –– if she can manage to stay alive long enough to enjoy it.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:35 -0400)

Landscape gardener Nina Quinn is doing a garden makeover for her sister Maria and her fiance. But the fiance, Nate, vanishes mysteriously -- and when Nina's gardening plot is turned over, revealing a corpse, the seeds of a mystery are planted.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,739,689 books! | Top bar: Always visible