Don't Call Her Angel by Cara McKenna

Don't Call Her Angel (edition 2011)

by Cara McKenna

Member:RtB
Title:Don't Call Her Angel
Authors:Cara McKenna
Info:Ellora's Cave (2011), Kindle Edition, 110 pages
Rating:***
Tags:contemporary, romance, erotica

Don't Call Her Angel by Cara McKenna

Cara McKenna delivers another sexy and smart story with Don't Call Her Angel, adding her own unique voice to the m/f/m menage genre.

Rasul and Emily have been married a couple of years, and they've recently moved into a new home in Reston, Virginia. From an outsider's viewpoint, they might seem like an odd match. Rasul grew up in the Middle East near Jerusalem where he was in the army for a decade. His strict traditional upbringing has made him stern, obsessive-compulsive and very controlling - the perfect qualities for an interrogator for the federal government. But a kind, loving husband? Absolutely.

Rasul treasures his wife Emily above all else and would do anything to please her. Emily is a sweet and friendly woman, raised in a small Southern town. She works part-time as a bartender and has plans to one day become a nurse. Underneath her sweet exterior, she hides her kinky side - to be dominated (roughly is good!) in the bedroom. But, her ultimate fantasy is to have another man join her and Rasul in bed. Not wanting to deny his wife anything, Rasul agrees to allow Emily's friend Jeremy to join them on one condition - as always, he's the one in charge.

I enjoyed this book for many reasons, and the top one is Rasul. Just, wow. He hit all the right buttons for me: sexy, protective, domineering, and deeply in love with his wife. He was an intense and complex character, and his flaws only added to his appeal. I love how the menage experience helped him to realize why he was OCD about certain things in his life. Who knew a man barking commands in Arabic in bed would be so hot? Ms. McKenna is very good at lengthening my list of fantasies. ;)

The chemistry between the three main characters made this story work and feel very real. Rasul the Alpha, Emily the kinky submissive, and Jeremy the (happy to be) beta male, content with being their toy for the evening. Don't Call Her Angel went deeper than just kinky menage sex. The emotional depth of the characters made it a gripping story. I was so invested in them, wondering how the experience would affect them and how their story would end.

Cara McKenna is a very talented writer of erotica, definitely one of my favorites. I would highly recommend Don't Call Her Angel, especially if you love D/s or menage themes. FYI: This story is m/f/m, with no sexual m/m contact. ( )
  bookofsecrets | Dec 12, 2012 |
Reviewed by Ashleigh
Review copy provided by Ellora's Cave
Looking into the marriage of Emily and Rasul, you would never think that the dark deeds done behind their bedroom door were actually happening, but for Emily doing whatever it takes to make her husband happy makes her happy. Coming from a home that wasn’t the best, Emily has an issue with men, and it has taken a tough soldier like Rasul to make her feel like a woman, but there is just one thing that Emily wants that she isn’t sure her husband can give her…a third. Will bringing another person into their home ruin the marriage Emily never thought she would have or will it bring them closer than they already were?

Rasul can’t get passed the dreams that he has of overseas, the things that he did – both voluntarily and ordered – have haunted him since. But there is something about Emily that makes him want to be a better man. Rasul is determined to give her everything that she could ever want, no matter what the cost to his pride. When Emily asked about a third, Rasul may have just hit his limit of willingness. Will his heart out weight his mind when it comes to giving Emily everything or will he have to walk away from the woman who has healed him with her love?

While this is the first story that I have read of Cara McKenna’s, I was surprised at how much I liked it. The characters were well developed and the research she must have done into the Middle Eastern culture came through in her understanding of Rasul. While I wasn’t a big fan of the third option in this story, I think that Ms. McKenna pulled it off really well and made the story work with the dominate personalities of her characters. I will be looking for other works by Ms. McKenna, and anyone looking for a sexy read that will keep you enthralled than this is the book for you. ( )
  RtB | Apr 17, 2012 |
A quick glimpse of Rasul and Emily's life. I wish there was a prequel on how these two came together. But kudos to the author for creating such interesting and complex character in such a short span of pages. ( )
  saturnnalia | Jan 18, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,278,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible