Barging In by Josephine Myles

Barging In (edition 2011)

by Josephine Myles (Author)

There were parts that I really enjoyed, but I just couldn't get into it enough to finish it off. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
It is funny, but recently in the Goodread groups, there has been discussion on what is considered "cheating" and does it affect how you feel about the characters and author. I have found that just by coincidence, recent books have dealt with cheating in one form or other.

In this book, we have someone who is what we might call a play-boy (or so called slut), Dan, who is not one for commitment. He runs into Robin, literally and the fun ensues. Is Dan capable of being in a serious monogamous relationship?

I do not want to get into spoilers here, but if you are hard-core against any type of cheating, emotional or physical, this book is not for you. I however, was not bothered by it; to me it showed the character growth by the end of the book.

What did annoy me a bit (in both leads) was the avoidance of communication. Which, I am sure not all relationships have great communication, but at times it felt like the author just trying to put conflict into the story.

Overall, not a bad book or story. I did enjoy getting up on my Brit slang. :) Thank God for Shaun of the Dead, I actually could hear the accents in my head as I was reading this. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,362,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible