Where There's Smoke by Sandra Brown

Where There's Smoke (1994)

by Sandra Brown

I absolutely love this book! I am a huge sandra brown fan. I.love her romance novels they always leave me happy. This one was suspense/romance. There were a bunch of twists I wouldnt have EVER expected. I def. Think this is one of my faves of her. Then again I havent really found a book of hers I didnt like. ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
Eden Pass, Texas might as well be Peyton Place. Tackett Oil pretty much owns the town, and the Tackett family is full of colorful characters, from bad boy son to crusty matriarch to dutiful daughter. There's also the newly arrived female doctor who has a Past with a Tackett, the town hussy, and the handsome ex-con looking to start over. Add to that revolutionaries in an unstable Central American country and you've got quite a plot. ( )
  ennie | Jan 30, 2014 |
Typical contemporary Brown. The characters make or break her books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
Not her best work; The story is drawn out toward the end. While not a standout in Brown's lengthy body of work, "Smoke" is an interesting story, marking her transition from genre romance to romantic suspense. ( )
  blingtastic | Nov 19, 2007 |

Sandra Brownprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tremps Lladó, EnricTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He'd never particularly liked cats.

No one knows why Dr.Lara Mallory came back home to Eden Pass, Texas, to open up her medical practice after all these years. But everyone remembers her role in the well-puiblicized scandal that caused the downfall of White House hopeful Senator Clark Tackett. So when the iron-fisted matriarch of Tackett Oil uses every weapon in her arsenal to drive her out of town, Lara refuses to go quietly. Yet in this corruption-riddled town, nothing is as it seems. An explosive secret lurks beneath the surface, threatening Lara at every turn. Her unlikely ally: Key, the hell-raising youngest Tackett son. Thrown together, they're on a dangerous quest to expose the one truth that can destory the Tackett empire - and anyone who dares to challenge its power.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446600342, Mass Market Paperback)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown stuns readers with the breathtaking tale of a powerful oil company and the incredible lengths they'll go to keep their secrets hidden . . . No one knows why Dr. Lara Mallory came back home to Eden Pass, Texas to open up her medical practice after all these years. But everyone remembers her role in the well-publicized scandal that caused the downfall of White House hopeful Senator Clark Tackett. So when the iron-fisted matriarch of Tackett Oil uses every weapon in her arsenal to drive her out of town, Lara refuses to go quietly. Yet in this corruption-riddled town, nothing is as it seems. An explosive secret lurks beneath the surface, threatening Lara at every turn. Her unlikely ally: Key, the hell-raising youngest Tackett son. Thrown together, they're on a dangerous quest to expose the one secret that can destroy the Tackett empire-and anyone who dares to challenge its power.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:42:57 -0400)

When the matriarch of the powerful Tackett family tries to drive Dr. Lara Mallory, who played a role in the scandal that destroyed the political ambitions of Senator Clark Tackett, out of town, Lara teams up with the rebellious youngest Tackett son to find the secret that can bring the Tackett Oil empire down.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,480,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible