Where There's Smoke by Sandra Brown

Where There's Smoke (original 1994; edition 1994)

by Sandra Brown

Member:susang5371
Title:Where There's Smoke
Authors:Sandra Brown
Info:Grand Central Publishing (1994), Edition: d, Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages

Where There's Smoke by Sandra Brown (1994)

Recently added byBPullen, wolle1km, rena75, private library

Truthfully this was a change in what I have been reading so it was an interesting read none the less. It was enjoyable and made me anticipate what was going to happen next. I loved the first chapter probably my favorite of the book and I loved the characters. Enjoyable and definitely an author I will read more of. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Really a pretty good book. A few twists and turns, likable characters and a really sweet love story for the "plain Jane" of the story. I really liked this one. ( )
  AliceAnna | Oct 23, 2014 |
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review***

Well Damn. I could not put this book down.. I finished it in one day, I was so hooked!

If you have read anything else by Elizabeth Lee then you should be warned this is different than what she normally writes. This takes on a little darker subject matter and it isn't light and fluffy! I LOVED it! I am really digging this side of Elizabeth Lee!

Piper and Ryland had a good thing going six years ago. They were young and in love. Experiencing life together. But Piper wasn't known to be a good girl and after what should have been the best night of their lives turned into the worst night, Piper was forced to leave. I hate that Piper left, but I get her decisions. I don't think I would have done things any differently.

Ryland is still angry at Piper for leaving him. She just up and disappeared. No goodbye,no contact for six long years. When she comes back into town he is furious and determined to not let her affect him again. I also have to agree with how he felt.

I really liked these two together.I felt like in a way they balanced each other. I have to admit even with the blurb(guess I'm a little dense) I didn't expect events to turn out the way they did. I liked the way things played out and even though it may not seem realistic I totally could see it happening in real life and working.. I wish we would have seen more about Hadley, but it seems like my wish is coming true! :)Another favorite book and characters! I didn't want this book to end!! ( )
  Mommy.Reads.What | Jun 22, 2014 |
I absolutely love this book! I am a huge sandra brown fan. I.love her romance novels they always leave me happy. This one was suspense/romance. There were a bunch of twists I wouldnt have EVER expected. I def. Think this is one of my faves of her. Then again I havent really found a book of hers I didnt like. ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |

Prahm, Gabrielasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ross, NatalieReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tremps Lladó, EnricTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tremps, Enricsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
He'd never particularly liked cats.

No one knows why Dr.Lara Mallory came back home to Eden Pass, Texas, to open up her medical practice after all these years. But everyone remembers her role in the well-puiblicized scandal that caused the downfall of White House hopeful Senator Clark Tackett. So when the iron-fisted matriarch of Tackett Oil uses every weapon in her arsenal to drive her out of town, Lara refuses to go quietly. Yet in this corruption-riddled town, nothing is as it seems. An explosive secret lurks beneath the surface, threatening Lara at every turn. Her unlikely ally: Key, the hell-raising youngest Tackett son. Thrown together, they're on a dangerous quest to expose the one truth that can destory the Tackett empire - and anyone who dares to challenge its power.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446600342, Mass Market Paperback)

#1 New York Times bestselling author Sandra Brown stuns readers with the breathtaking tale of a powerful oil company and the incredible lengths they'll go to keep their secrets hidden . . . No one knows why Dr. Lara Mallory came back home to Eden Pass, Texas to open up her medical practice after all these years. But everyone remembers her role in the well-publicized scandal that caused the downfall of White House hopeful Senator Clark Tackett. So when the iron-fisted matriarch of Tackett Oil uses every weapon in her arsenal to drive her out of town, Lara refuses to go quietly. Yet in this corruption-riddled town, nothing is as it seems. An explosive secret lurks beneath the surface, threatening Lara at every turn. Her unlikely ally: Key, the hell-raising youngest Tackett son. Thrown together, they're on a dangerous quest to expose the one secret that can destroy the Tackett empire-and anyone who dares to challenge its power.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:11 -0400)

When the matriarch of the powerful Tackett family tries to drive Dr. Lara Mallory, who played a role in the scandal that destroyed the political ambitions of Senator Clark Tackett, out of town, Lara teams up with the rebellious youngest Tackett son to find the secret that can bring the Tackett Oil empire down.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,523,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible