Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun…

Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1) (edition 2011)

by Deanna Chase

Member:Scoshie
Title:Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1)
Authors:Deanna Chase
Info:Bayou Moon Publishing (2011), Kindle Edition, 253 pages
Rating:***1/2

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase (Author)

I absolutely fell in love with this book! It has mystery, romance, ghosts, witches and a healthy dose of NOLA (New Orleans, LA) The main charater is strong willed but tender and has the same insecurities as most of us girls have. I liked most of the supporting characters too. Each one with their own quirks and tendencies. I'm really looking forward to book #2 and hoping I don't stave off sleep for too long. ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Loved it, can't wait to find the next one ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
Pleasant book with very unique characters. I enjoyed some of the ghost tie ins and was pleasantly rewarded with the satisfaction of being correct in my premonitions.

Jade is an empath who is not up for sharing her secret. She moved to be with her college friends in a new town but life dealt them a few surprises and she needed new digs. Enter the haunted building, a strip club, a coffee shop, and a group of different friends. Jade is haunted, her friend is haunted, and it seems as though most of New Orleans is haunted. You get witches, angels, and dreamwalkers in the mix. Seems like everyone is hiding something!

I think this should be number 2 in the series and there should be a book about the young Jade who learned about her abilities and went off to college. Might be a fun pre-quel? ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
Loved it. The haunting was weird and a little freaky. The characters were great at struggling with the problem. It took me back to my holiday in New Orleans with the heat and humidity. I'm looking forward to book 2.
  Perrywilson | May 24, 2014 |
Oh, I DO love me some N'awlins! And I can say that, cause even though I am in Colorado, I still have that old south in my blood. Deanna takes you there, introduces you to the people and atmosphere, and leads you into a modern day ghost tale that will light up your reading life!

Ghosts, great gal-pals, a sweet romance, this one has all the good stuff. Read! Read! Highly recommended. ( )
  soireadthisbooktoday | May 4, 2014 |
There was no way I was sharing my new two-hundred-square-foot apartment with a ghost.

Jade loves her new apartment--until a ghost joins her in the shower.

Being an empath has never been easy on Jade's relationships. It's no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it's up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she'll need Kane's help--and he's betrayed her with a secret of his own--to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?

Jade loves her new apartment-- until a ghost joins her in the shower. When empath Jade Calhoun moves into an apartment above a strip bar on Bourbon Street, she expects life to get interesting. What she doesn't count on is making friends with an exotic dancer, attracting a powerful spirit, and developing feelings for Kane, her sexy landlord. Being an empath has never been easy on Jade's relationships. It's no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade, to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it's up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she'll need Kane's help--and he's betrayed her with a secret of his own--to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?… (more)

Deanna Chase is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,005,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible