Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun…

Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1) (edition 2011)

by Deanna Chase

Member:Scoshie
Title:Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series: Book 1)
Authors:Deanna Chase
Info:Bayou Moon Publishing (2011), Kindle Edition, 253 pages
Rating:***1/2

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase (Author)

Recently added bydearheart, private library, mmoj, SENSpence, notsurewho, kcaroth1, JackieCarroll, Nazgullie

Jade moves into a cheap apartment in New Orleans to be near her best friend and is immediately attracted to her landlord, who also owns the strip club next door. Her big secret is that she’s an empath and can read/feel other people’s emotions. She’d heard the place was haunted and didn’t give that too much credit, except that it is, and it’s takes her awhile to figure out that her nightly dream lover is also her ghost.

I’d consider this more along the lines of a potato chip read. If you enjoy stories without a whole lot of depth or character development, then you will probably enjoy this. The characters are likable and the situations interesting, but not especially believable. There is quite a bit of detailed sex and sexual tension.

The story moves along kind of slow. I couldn’t wait to finish the book.

Urban Fantasy and stories involving witches and other abilities are my favorites. But the climatic reveal and fight were highly out there. To make it work you need to already know or learn how something is or can be done. The bad guy is doing something that makes no sense. Without an explanation of how he could do what he does, even of learned afterward, it just doesn’t work. ( )
  dearheart | Aug 26, 2015 |
I'm not normally into the paranormal, but because this was such a speedy read, I managed to get past the ghosts and witches to find an entirely enjoyable story with somewhat 2 dimensional characters - but fun just the same. I may even read another. ( )
  cyderry | Mar 31, 2015 |
I absolutely fell in love with this book! It has mystery, romance, ghosts, witches and a healthy dose of NOLA (New Orleans, LA) The main charater is strong willed but tender and has the same insecurities as most of us girls have. I liked most of the supporting characters too. Each one with their own quirks and tendencies. I'm really looking forward to book #2 and hoping I don't stave off sleep for too long. ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Loved it, can't wait to find the next one ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
Pleasant book with very unique characters. I enjoyed some of the ghost tie ins and was pleasantly rewarded with the satisfaction of being correct in my premonitions.

Jade is an empath who is not up for sharing her secret. She moved to be with her college friends in a new town but life dealt them a few surprises and she needed new digs. Enter the haunted building, a strip club, a coffee shop, and a group of different friends. Jade is haunted, her friend is haunted, and it seems as though most of New Orleans is haunted. You get witches, angels, and dreamwalkers in the mix. Seems like everyone is hiding something!

I think this should be number 2 in the series and there should be a book about the young Jade who learned about her abilities and went off to college. Might be a fun pre-quel? ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
There was no way I was sharing my new two-hundred-square-foot apartment with a ghost.

Jade loves her new apartment--until a ghost joins her in the shower.

Being an empath has never been easy on Jade's relationships. It's no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it's up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she'll need Kane's help--and he's betrayed her with a secret of his own--to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?

Jade loves her new apartment-- until a ghost joins her in the shower. When empath Jade Calhoun moves into an apartment above a strip bar on Bourbon Street, she expects life to get interesting. What she doesn't count on is making friends with an exotic dancer, attracting a powerful spirit, and developing feelings for Kane, her sexy landlord. Being an empath has never been easy on Jade's relationships. It's no wonder she keeps her gift a secret. But when the ghost moves from spooking Jade, to terrorizing Pyper, the dancer, it's up to Jade to use her unique ability to save her. Except she'll need Kane's help--and he's betrayed her with a secret of his own--to do it. Can she find a way to trust him and herself before Pyper is lost?… (more)

Deanna Chase is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

19 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,094,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible