Summer Daydreams

by Carole Matthews

Nell McNamara never paid attention in school, spending most of her time daydreaming. Now almost thirty, Nell and boyfriend Olly are working back-to-back shifts just to make ends meet as they care for their adorable four-year-old daughter, Petal. But Nell can't help but wonder: is life passing her by? So when the chip shop she works in needs a makeover, she jumps at the chance to help out. With her creativity finally unleashed and backed by the best friends a girl could have, Nell begins designing her own line of must-have handbags. And amazingly, people love them! It seems Nell's dreams are finally coming true, until she finds out Olly secretly craves the simplicity of their old lives. Soon Nell is asking herself if it really is possible to have it all?… (more)

English (1)  German (1)  All languages (2)
(Kindle August 2012)

I bought this cheap on Kindle because Carole is lovely on Facebook and I know other people who like her books. Although this is a genre (chick-lit? woman-lit?) I rarely read, I enjoyed this fun tale of Nell, chip shop waitress turned handbag designer, her husband, Olly, nicely portrayed, especially when he gets his own slice of the action (which is hilarious), their delightfully written small daughter, Petal, and various other chip shop colleagues. Light and nicely done – an ideal holiday read, and some good laughs. Some bad editing let Carole down, but it is being resolved (I have to mention this in case anyone else has read it and noticed the editing issues and thought I hadn’t done!). ( )
  LyzzyBee | Oct 2, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,875,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible