The 13 Nights of Halloween by Guy Vasilovich

The 13 Nights of Halloween (edition 2011)

by Guy Vasilovich, Guy Vasilovich (Illustrator)

Member:AnnaMoody
Title:The 13 Nights of Halloween
Authors:Guy Vasilovich
Other authors:Guy Vasilovich (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2011), Hardcover, 40 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:easy; prek-4; spoof; 12 days of christmas; halloween; fiction; sing-song; fantasy

The 13 Nights of Halloween by Guy Vasilovich

A good book for teaching young children math. This Halloween book is a good book for Pre K-3rd grade in which the protagonist is a girl who is given one more thing as each day passes. The one who gifts the protagonist is a mummy. So it is a nice spooky book for Halloween. The pictures are very nice and vivid so that the children will be animated and interested. The thirteen nights of Halloween is a fun mathematics children's spooky book. ( )
  sabdelaz | Feb 2, 2014 |
Love this book! It was similar to the song "My True Love Gave to Me", but for Halloween. Kids would get a kick out of this book. ( )
  malindahodgson | Oct 1, 2013 |
The details in this book were incredible to me. There was a lot of though put into it which made the book stand out to me. My favortite part about what the author did was structure the book after the 12 days of christmas. I caught myself literally singing the words in my head the same way I would to christmas version. The silliness to me is what the kids will love the most in a classroom setting. ( )
  HillaryBertucci | Sep 2, 2013 |
This Halloween themed book is a spoof off the 12 days of Christmas. I got the opportunity to read this book aloud to a class of 4th graders. It could not have gone better. They understood that it was a spoof off another story and sang along with me while I read to them. This book uses colorful and friendly pictures to illustrate the words. It also has puns such as "baseball bats" illustrated as a group of bats that play baseball. I would highly recommend this book for a Halloween lesson and a lesson on what 'spoofs' are. ( )
  AnnaMoody | Nov 20, 2012 |
Most of us are familiar with the twelve days leading up to Christmas, but how many of us know about the thirteen nights leading up to Halloween? Author Guy Vasilovich has created a lyrical treat to help us count them. On each night, a little girl’s mummy gives her a present. The first present is a bright shiny skeleton key. On each following night, the little girl receives a gift a little more creepy, icky, slimy, or spooky than the previous ones. The usual Halloween characters like bats, ghosts, and witches all make their appearances making this a fun way to enjoy Halloween.

The Bottom Line: "The 13 Nights of Halloween" is filled with creepy cute illustrations in vivid colors that children will love. Sung to the tune of "Twelve Days of Christmas," there is a lot of repetition in this book. The text is easy to read and will be a hit with beginning readers. Enthusiastically recommended for kids in grades K – 2, and for those who love spooktacular illustrations. This book features silly Halloween fun, and I really enjoyed it.

This review also appears at the Mini Book Bytes Book Review Blog: http://minibookbytes.blogspot.com/ ( )
  aya.herron | Oct 17, 2012 |

On the first night of Halloween, what does your mummy give you? A bright, shiny Skeleton Key, of course!

In fact, for each of the thirteen nights leading up to the big night, your mummy is ready with gifts that include everything from singing skulls to demons dancing to icky eyeballs. The spookier and slimier, the better!

From debut author-illustrator Guy Vasilovich comes a picture book that is sure to inspire even the youngest readers to start the creepy countdown to Halloween. Sing along to the tune of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” as you get ready for the scariest—and silliest—night of the year.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:38 -0400)

A Halloween version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" featuring macabre gifts such as icky eyeballs, demons dancing, and thirsty vampires.

4 wanted1 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,274,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible