I Know What You Did Last Wednesday by…

I Know What You Did Last Wednesday

by Anthony Horowitz

Put together I Know What You Did Last Summer with Agatha Christie's Ten Little Indians, add a shovelful of humour, and this book is the result. Another in the rib tickling Diamond Brothers series, this time Nick insists on accompanying Tim to Crocodile Island, where he has been invited by an old school friend for a reunion. When they arrive, they find their host has been hacked to death, there are no telephones, no cellphone reception and the ferry has gone, marooning them.

From this promising beginning, the Christie scenario goes into full swing: the guests search the island but find no-one, while one after another they are killed off until only Tim and Nick are left. Tim, definitely one of the blunter knives in the drawer, realises that since there is no-one else on the island except corpses, his younger brother Nick must be the killer, and so runs away from him - only to be caught by the real killer, who was there all along.

You can keep your Dashiel Hammetts and your Raymond Chandlers and their Noir stuff: give me Horowitz and the fabulous Diamond brothers any day! ( )
  adpaton | Aug 24, 2010 |
I read this with a Y8 class over a few lessons and they were hooked from the start. Although it's short, it's perfect for 10 minutes at the end of a lesson or as a short class reader for a few lessons. The girls were not convinced to begin with but with some speculation throughout the first chapter they became intrigued.

The plot is great - think Cluedo set on an Island. The characters are all funny with something endearing about all of them. The children were left guessing right up to the end which made it worth while.

A lovely cost effective book that was just right! ( )
  SmithSJ01 | Mar 23, 2008 |
My daughter totally loves this one. I don't think it's quite as funny as she does, but it is the best in the series, I think. It's a spoof on teen slasher movies and on "And Then There Were None." ( )
  cmbohn | Feb 11, 2008 |

When Tim and his brother, Nick, are invited to a school reunion on a remote Scottish island, they should be pleased. But Nick's got a bad feeling and it's not indigestion. Originally published: 2002.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,562,868 books! | Top bar: Always visible