Library and Information Center Management:…

Library and Information Center Management: (edition 2002)

by Robert D. Stueart

Member:joeeasterly
Title:Library and Information Center Management:
Authors:Robert D. Stueart
Info:Libraries Unlimited (2002), Edition: 6, Paperback, 550 pages
Collections:Business, Management, & Finance, Library & Information Science, Textbooks

Library and Information Center Management by Robert D. Stueart

Great information about management and leadership in libraries. Presents past management theories and allows opportunities to work through hypothetical situations of today using various approaches. ( )
  DawnParker | Nov 12, 2017 |
Standards management concepts applied to libraries and information centers ( )
  dythompson | Jun 4, 2016 |
I'm going to start this review by saying that I'm going to talk about why this book was really redundant and awful and I didn't learn anything. First, it was really redundant and repeated itself. Second, it said the same thing over and over and I didn't learn anything. Last, it was pretty pitiful and it makes me wonder if maybe more librarians need to write textbooks to weed out all the other librarians who can't write but somehow get a contract to write one anyway. I'll conclude by saying that, in summation, this book was redundant and awful and not representative of how anyone should manage anything. I'll elaborate this mundane point via a nondescript venn diagram that shows in a visual way how I didn't quite finish this textbook, but I'm labeling it 'read' because I got through enough to realize it was awful. And redundant. (see: Figure 1, Vague Venn Diagram). ( )
1 vote katemo | May 16, 2013 |
An appalling mix of '90s management jargon and bad grammar. It's a chore fighting my way through each assigned chapter, and when they are over I feel like all I got from it is the loss of an hour of my life.

If you are a teacher, please do not force this on your students. ( )
1 vote JimmyHavok | Jan 28, 2013 |
Was a great read for dealing with the management of research institutes and their employees.
  bozburn | Jun 14, 2010 |
To our grandchildren
Annika, Jacob, Katherine, Madison, Magnus, and Molly
Thirty years ago, when the first edition of this book was published, little had been written about the management of libraries and information center.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 159158406X, Paperback)

The latest edition of this management classic sports a fresh new look to complement its updated content. It continues to cover all of the important functions involved in library management and development. New chapters on marketing, team building and ethics have been added; thought provoking mini-cases and other activities introduced or expanded; and more international materials referenced than ever before. A perennial favorite in the classroom, an invaluable reference source for information managers everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:51 -0400)

This text presents the principles of library and information centre management in a conceptual framework. It examines the dynamics of organizational missions, goals, policies and programmes, and the external forces encouraging change.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,912,735 books! | Top bar: Always visible