A Castle in Spain by Matthew Parris

A Castle in Spain

by Matthew Parris

I've been aware of this rebuilding project since Matthew Parris first wrote about it in The Times. Other reviewers elsewhere have their differing opinions on whether he should or should not have included more details of the restoration work; or whether his writing has gone off the boil, or whether it's really only a thinly disguised advert for the leisure business that the family now run from the site.

I don't mind any of those issues because he's done what he normally does in his other writing and opened up an area of the world that I've never really appreciated. And that is what good travel writers do.

So, come the fine weather, I'll be away with my walking boots and maps exploring the hills around L'Avenc. It would be an added bonus to meet another LT reader with a similar idea.
  xtofersdad | Oct 22, 2008 |

Walking in the Pyrenees Matthew Parris stumbled upon a magnificent medieval house. Inspirational and instructional, this is the story of one man's dream to turn a forgotten ruin into his very own castle in Spain.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,304,664 books! | Top bar: Always visible