A Secure Heart by Charity Parkerson

A Secure Heart (edition 2011)

by Charity Parkerson, Goddess Fish Promotions (Cover Design)

4520256,992 (4.09)1
Member:melhaf76
Title:A Secure Heart
Authors:Charity Parkerson
Other authors:Goddess Fish Promotions (Cover Design)
Info:CreateSpace (2011), Paperback, 306 pages
Rating:*****

A Secure Heart by Charity Parkerson

I liked the book but it felt more like an anthology. The stories were tied together but the transition was very disjointed. Interesting group of characters but the stories were pretty much the same to me. Big strong silent hero saves the damsel in distress. Although Parkerson did try to make the women in the stories strong they were all pretty much the same...slaves to their hearts. I think each story should have tied better together or they should have been completely separate in a series. Maybe the author will develop the characters more and develop a novel or short story about each woman - pre-marriage and happily ever after? ( )
  weisser4 | Jun 3, 2014 |
I received A Secure Heart through the Goodreads giveaway program. In four distinct sections, the book follows the intertwined stories of several main characters, who confront love and loss in their own dissimilar ways as they learn to cope with the situations life has dealt them. When I entered to win a copy of this book to review, I failed to realize that it was of an adult nature, which is a genre of book that I never read.

I can say that Charity Parkerson has created sympathetic characters with nice, tightly packaged storylines that attempt to delve into relationship issues between lovers, as well as family members. I liked the way the characters kept reappearing throughout each other’s stories, which established a thread of connectivity in the book. The stories of these characters can truly stand alone without the adult content, which did not strike me as the main focus of the book, but rather as an addition to these stories of love and loss for those who enjoy this genre. A Secure Heart provides an accessible read for those looking for romantic stories that also have some emotional substance through the inclusion of issues, such as addiction, death, and infertility.
  ac214 | Mar 3, 2013 |
Ms. Parkerson blending of four interwoven stories put me in mind of Dee Henderson’s O’Malley Chronicles. The major difference being that Ms. Parkerson’s characters have steamy sex and not necessarily inside the boundaries of marriage, either. The first such scene almost gave me heart flutters.

However, like Ms. Henderson’s work, Ms. Parkerson has both strong female and male lead characters. Romance is often borne from what seems at first unlikely pairing. The characters are ones that readers can relate to on some level. The stories also have intriguing layers to them. So if you think you’ve figured out what’s going to happen next, think again. ( )
  LynnCSWC | Aug 17, 2012 |
I do not enjoy giving negative reviews, but as I must be honest, I must say that this novel is very poorly written. There are constant errors in punctuation and sentence structure - these evidently distract the reader from the story. The plot itself was relatively interesting, but the poor writing quality made it difficult for me to get to the end of the book. ( )
  madamediotte | Jul 5, 2012 |
This collection of short novellas focus on the staff and friends of a small security company. The men meet women in interesting circumstances. The ending does have a paranormal twist to it. There are explixt sex scenes in the book. ( )
  mminor1985 | Dec 20, 2011 |
Always for you Greg...
It all began with her name.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Charity Parkerson's book A Secure Heart was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Charity Parkerson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,232,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible