All My Sons by Arthur Miller

All My Sons (1947)

by Arthur Miller

English (12)  Catalan (1)  All (13)
  OberlinSWAP | Jul 20, 2015 |
  OberlinSWAP | Jul 20, 2015 |
  kutheatre | Jun 7, 2015 |
A wonderful drama ... not the type that makes you want to kill yourself with in-your-face angst, but a slowly unfolding multi-layered beauty of a piece. ( )
  AliceAnna | Sep 9, 2014 |
I absolutely loved this play. I had to read Death of a Salesman for school and instantly fell in love with Miller's style. After such great works as Death of a Salesman and The Crucible, I wasn't sure how All My Sons would measure up, especially after reading mixed reviews about it. But I think this is an excellent and timeless play. Although I only got to know the characters for a short time, my heart was burning for them by the end and the final scene took my breath away. It is truly a great read. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 8, 2014 |
The back yard of the Keller home in the outskirts of an American town.

Joe Keller and Herbert Deever, partners in a machine shop during the war, turned out defective airplane parts, causing the deaths of many men. Deever was sent to prison while Keller escaped punishment and went on to make a lot of money. In a work of tremendous power, a love affair between Keller's son, Chris, and Ann Deever, Herbert's daughter, the bitterness of George Keller, who returns from the war to find his father in prison and his father's partner free, and the reaction of a son to his father's guilt escalate toward a climax of electrifying intensity.

Winner of the Drama Critics' Award for Best New Play in 1947, All My Sons established Arthur Miller as a leading voice in the American theater. All My Sons introduced themes that thread through Miller's work as a whole: the relationships between fathers and sons and the conflict between business and personal ethics.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:57:41 -0400)

Presents the classic play, first produced in 1947, about guilt, responsibility, and the relationship between fathers and sons in the aftermath of a World War II corruption case.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible