Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)…

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) (edition 2012)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:madichi
Title:Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Books (2012), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Have Read, Don't Buy, Fantasy, Urban

Kiss The Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton

Closer to what I liked in the old Anita. But still not quite there. ( )
  zyphax | Dec 27, 2016 |
minor spoilers are mentioned

Once again, yes, I read an Anita Blake book. I can't help myself; this was the first vampire series I fell in love with, & I really, really, really miss the "original" Anita Blake. I keep hoping she'll show up.

As with the last book, this one is another improvement in the series. The first sex scene doesn't take place for almost 200 pages, & there are only a few scenes in the whole book, rather tame & boring.

The plot - well, I'm not sure what to say on this subject. If you read what the book is supposed to be about, it sounds great -- but, the plot in reality falls really short of that. It's an interesting premise - another reviewer called them the Vampire Tea Party, & I like the phrase enough to use it. But it wasn't very well thought out, written well, & other than the barest mentions here & there throughout the book, the plot never really happened.

You don't see very much of Jean Claude in this one, which makes me happy as I'm rather sick of the guy. Anita sounds pretty sick of him, too, throughout the books, as she does talking about all the men in her life. They finally kick Asher to the curb, though only for a month or two. I was rather hoping Hamilton would kill of a few of the lovers or at least make them go away, so I was happy to see Asher go to the rather vague location of "new city".

All in all, I did like the book, I did finish it in only a few days, & I did like it enough that I'll read the next one, but I am left wondering once again why I am still bothering.

anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
This series has been on life-support for too long. Somebody please pull the plug. The only reason I gave it two stars is because Zerbrowski was in the first third of the book and again at the end.

eden1013 | Oct 22, 2016 |
followed the typical anita blake timeline: action, small buildup, lengthy sex scene(s), climax, short, seemingly hasty conclusion. ( )
  petrichor8 | Jun 6, 2016 |
Anita Blake- Vampire Hunter. Another fantastic book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
To Jonathon, my husband,
who understands that the journey is long, but worth the ride.
To Shawn
for all those calls about police work and for just being that lifelline call over the last two decades. All mistakes in this book are mine and mine alone.
To Jess:
who has taught both Jonathon and me that mischief is both fun and damn near necessary in our lives.
To Pilar, my sister of choice
who taught me that it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
To Steven,
who helped me with research I didn't even know I was doing
On TV, interrogation rooms are roomy and have big windows so that you can watch everything.

When a 13-yr-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to US Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people - kids, grandparents, soccer moms - all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master.
And where there's one martyr there will be more ...

But even vampires have monsters they're afraid of ... and one of them is THE Executioner Anita Blake.

"When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people--kids, grandparents, soccer moms--all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there's one martyr, there will be more... But even vampires have monsters that they're afraid of. And Anita is one of them.."--… (more)

363 wanted2 pay1 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 111,641,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible