Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)…

Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) (edition 2012)

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Member:madichi
Title:Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter)
Authors:Laurell K. Hamilton
Info:Berkley Books (2012), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**1/2
Tags:Have Read, Don't Buy, Fantasy, Urban

Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton

Ooooh, there are so many things going on in this book. Anita's guilt over Sin, vampires who want to be free of masters, cops who hate others... Seriously, a bomb threat that made my heart stop in terror. My favorite character almost dies. I don't know if I could have handled that. As it was I just finished like five minutes ago and I'm still a quivering mass of emotion. In the end I'm glad it turned out ok. Glad we got to see Nathaniel, Micah, and Jean Claude. It's also easy to forget what a jealous monster that Asher can be, yet when that ugly head roars heads will roll. Even if not quite physically but mentally it is still a lot to take. Over all this book was really good. ( )
  mariahsidhe | Feb 3, 2015 |
I am a huge fan and supporter of LKH, but this book was definitely not one of my favorites. The Anita Blake series has gone down hill and needs something to rekindle the fire. I am not ready to write off LKH or Anita Blake as some seem to be, but I do think that LKH needs to focus more on the building of the story line rather than the sex in the story. Mind you, good sex scenes are awesome and she does well in writing them; yet looking for more meat in the story! ( )
  AMKee | Jan 27, 2015 |
Anita working with the police and raising zombies at this point are the only things I like about the series for the most part. The first part of the book has what I like but the second half is all relationship angst with a quickie ending tacked on. I'll keep reading these as long as the library keeps stocking them. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
I haven't been one of the readers screaming for a return of the "old Anita Blake". I've enjoyed reading about her expanding abilities (and stable of men).

The first half of this book was a slog fest that read like a rough draft. The language was stilted and the grammar errors were jarring. I wasn't invested in the "procedural" AT ALL.

I wonder if it was tacked on at the last minute because the second half...picked up. Once she returned to her "boys" I was much more interested. Unfortunately it didn't pick up enough for me.

Eh. I've been reading these books since about 1999 so I'll probably continue...but I don't think I'll be buying another Anita Blake on release day. ( )
  ShariSlade | Feb 28, 2014 |
When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it’s up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. The pages read with a little action, Anita angsting about the men in her life, a little more action, then Anita angsting about the men in her life on a repeat cycle with huge descriptive passages of what they look like. Boring! ( )
  boppisces | Jan 30, 2014 |
To Jonathon, my husband,
who understands that the journey is long, but worth the ride.
To Shawn
for all those calls about police work and for just being that lifelline call over the last two decades. All mistakes in this book are mine and mine alone.
To Jess:
who has taught both Jonathon and me that mischief is both fun and damn near necessary in our lives.
To Pilar, my sister of choice
who taught me that it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
To Steven,
who helped me with research I didn't even know I was doing
On TV, interrogation rooms are roomy and have big windows so that you can watch everything.

When a 13-yr-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to US Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people - kids, grandparents, soccer moms - all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master.
And where there's one martyr there will be more ...

But even vampires have monsters they're afraid of ... and one of them is THE Executioner Anita Blake.

"When a fifteen-year-old girl is abducted by vampires, it's up to U.S. Marshal Anita Blake to find her. And when she does, she's faced with something she's never seen before: a terrifyingly ordinary group of people--kids, grandparents, soccer moms--all recently turned and willing to die to avoid serving a master. And where there's one martyr, there will be more... But even vampires have monsters that they're afraid of. And Anita is one of them.."--… (more)

461 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,109,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible