Only You, Sierra (The Sierra Jensen Series…

Only You, Sierra (The Sierra Jensen Series #1) (edition 1995)

by Robin Jones Gunn (Author)

Series: Sierra Jensen (book 1)

2042096,578 (3.6)2
Normally a confident and adventurous sixteen-year-old, Sierra returns from a missionary tour in England to a number of unsettling changes in her home and family.
Member:poeticfantasy
Title:Only You, Sierra (The Sierra Jensen Series #1)
Authors:Robin Jones Gunn (Author)
Info:Thomas Nelson (1995), 176 pages

Only You, Sierra by Robin Jones Gunn

Marypo | Nov 19, 2019 |
I love Sierra's personality. I see parts of myself in her. What's up with borrowing her dad's shirts though? ( )
  Marypo | Nov 19, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A sixteen year old returns from a mission trip overseas to start a new life with her family in Portland, OR. On the way home she meets a man in the airport who is connected to her by a string of coincidences.

Meanwhile, in Portland, Sierra is having a hard time adjusting to her new school. As she struggles to make friends and adjust to her grandmother's deteriorating mental condition, Sierra draws near to God. Walk with her as she learns to trust God and get over her own fears.

This book was alright. I might have liked it more if I was fifteen or so. I just find it a bit gross that the whole book is focused on a sixteen year old's obsession with finding a boyfriend. Girls are already bombarded by our society with the message that they are only valuable if a man finds them attractive. It would be nice if Christian girls didn't get that same message from their own literature. The last thing a sixteen year old needs is a nineteen year old boyfriend. Gross. ( )
  Juva | Aug 3, 2014 |
Only You Sierra Jensen by Robin Jones Gunn
This book follow Sierra as she returns back to the US from a religious retreat and her family has relocated to be closer to her aging grandmother in Oregon.
The whole family moves in with her as she is losing her mind at times. Follows Sierra as she goes to a new school and she's sure she's not going to like it.
Love how the father is the one to go to for any problem and it's discussed and then the mother comes into the picture as a solution comes about.
She's met a boy on the plane home, Paul that she keeps having returning daydreams about-he attends the catholic school that she wants to relocate to. ( )
  jbarr5 | Aug 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
To be honest, I wanted to love this book and just didn't. I read a lot of YA and read a lot of Christian fiction when I was younger. The characters were just flat. The writing style was excessively juvenile. Ultimately, it just didn't ring as particularly believable.
  quiettype | Oct 20, 2011 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Robin Jones Gunn's book Only You, Sierra (Sierra Jensen Book 1) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,679,925 books! | Top bar: Always visible