The Snow Angel by Glenn Beck

The Snow Angel (edition 2011)

by Glenn Beck, Nicole Baart

Other authors:Nicole Baart
Info:Threshold Editions (2011), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:*****

The Snow Angel by Glenn Beck

What a wonderful story and for some reason I thought it was about Christmas, because of the title. Not so, and the tale that is told is marvelous and a tear-jerker. So emotional that I had to put it down to think about it, and ponder the message being told. This is a good read for anyone, and especially those who are estranged from parents or adult children. Hug those you love the most and then buy this book for everyone you hugged. It is THAT good. ( )
  bakersfieldbarbara | Feb 2, 2014 |
It was a nice story, if you can call a story about abuse nice but I felt that it wrapped up much too neatly in the end. She was able to get away and had a living dropped into her lap much more easily than is realistic. I expected the ex to put up more of a fight. ( )
  onetiredmom | Apr 3, 2013 |
A warm and sentimental story of tragedy and enduring love. Some of the characters will sadden and disturb you, others will surely fill your heart with thankfulness and joy. ( )
  DougWilliams | Dec 13, 2012 |
I have to start out by telling you that this audiobook was such an emotional journey for me. I listened to half of it in one sitting when I had to pick my daughter up for Christmas break. Ok, that was probably my mistake. As this book continually tugged at my heart, I also fell in love with the story and characters.

This book alternates between perspectives of both Rachel and Mitch. Rachel has been living her life in an abusive marriage and trying to protect her daughter from all that comes with this situation in any way she can. It is a sad and lonely world for Rachel as her husband has basically destroyed any friendship or relationship that she had outside of their home.

Mitch is an elderly man living in an assisted living center that has been diagnosed with Alzheimer;s Disease. He lives a desolate existence himself as he doesn't have many visitors at the center, except for the nicely dressed gentleman that he meets in the dining hall now and then. Mitch seems to be losing his grip on reality as he can barely recall the little girl that he so dearly misses.

This was a great Christmas book to listen to and I really don't want to give any more of it away. If I have a complaint, it would be that it was just so darn sad. I mean I was practically sobbing as I was going down the highway. With themes of love, friendship, abuse, and family I think that many of you will enjoy this book. ( )
  jo-jo | Jan 12, 2012 |

Glenn Beckprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baart, Nicolesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Has the adaptation

This is a novel. Do not combine with the picture book.

Years after losing her mother in a car accident that rendered her father emotionally distant, Rachel resolves to escape from an abusive marriage to protect her young daughter.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible