The Externally Focused Church by Rick Rusaw

The Externally Focused Church

by Rick Rusaw

192261,408 (3.96)None

[from back cover] How can your church get the attention of your community? It's all about focus. Externally focused churches do more than confront their communities--they cooperate as well. They're quick to partner with community agencies. Open to building new relationships. They flood their neighborhoods with practical compassion. And through it all they carry the love of Christ.
  UnivMenno | Mar 29, 2010 |
A committee at our church uses this book to inform its social service projects. It made us wonder whether our community would notice if we disappeared. So we're on a campaign to improve our partnership with the community.
The approach of the book is rather 'preachy'. The quaint analogies distract from the impact of the points being made. Too bad, because the points are generally valid. The church that serves outside its own walls enjoys numerous benefits, most notably in adding the punch of credibility to its proclamation of the gospel message. ( )
  Occasionally | Feb 6, 2010 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,318,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible