Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

4,1602381,203 (3.4)1 / 99
Member:salewis1
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, Read but unowned

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (233)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  All (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All (245)
DNF for me. Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to finish this. I can't believe how bad this is. The writing in general is what bothers me. I can't seem to get used to how the author chooses to write her story. I imagine that of this were to be written by another person, maybe I'd give it another shot.
  msralways | Apr 20, 2017 |
I liked the first one ok...but this one was crap.
  liv_books | Apr 18, 2017 |
This isn't something I would let my siblings read let alone I don't know why I did. ( )
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
  RinHanase | Mar 11, 2017 |
The saga of Ana and Christian continues. This took me longer to read that I expected and I saw the movie about halfway through reading it.
If you get past some of the more horrific repetition in this book and concentrate more on the story, it's worth the read.
I was really bored and tired of the overused phrases and I really wanted to punch her "inner goddess" in the face not to mention the fact that so much is unrealistic. Can we really believe that broken Christian would change that drastically in a matter of weeks and that this recent virgin would be up for all that is involved with Christian? That being said, the sex in this book is super hot and delicious and I did receive quite an education on things I knew very little about.
I did like how this book got a little more into a storyline, threw some suspense in there, and was more than just an erotic book with little plot.
And thanks to the movies, we can't help but picture Jamie Dornan as Christian while we are reading and that is not a bad thing!!! ( )
  maggie1961 | Feb 21, 2017 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,783,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible