Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,7142231,408 (3.41)1 / 98
Member:salewis1
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, Read but unowned

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (215)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (227)
Was this even written by the same author?

If you took a very heavy red pen to [b:Fifty Shades of Grey|10818853|Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)|E.L. James|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1385207843s/10818853.jpg|15732562], toned down Ana's multiple personalities, made Christian less of a overtly creepy stalker, made them a more communicative couple while still leaving Ana some way to dramatically leave Christian to set off his recovery and then added it to the beginning of Fifty Shades Darker, you might have something that could be somewhat passable as an average book. In terms of writing and characterization Fifty Shades Darker seems much tighter than it's predecessor, but it still has a long way to go before I would call it good writing.

I'm a sucker for a good beauty and the beast tale; give me a tortured hero/heroine and the heroine/hero that saves him/her and I will devour it. At it's very core of being, that is what Fifty Shades wants to be. There is so much in this book that I, being a romantic, want to love. The moment in which Christian completely submits to Ana could have been amazing - I'll be honest, there were a few feels at that moment - but it just didn't all come together in a way that worked.

vnorthw | Apr 15, 2016 |
I'm passing on an article assignment because it requires that I read the whole series and watch the movie. The first book was horrible and the second was worse. It feels like how I imagine dying a a slow, painful, torturous death, only to be reborn and forced to do it all again, would feel. I will not read the third one no matter how many times I get to read, "I flushed!" ( )
  kristina_brooke | Apr 15, 2016 |
Moja unutrasnja boginja nosi kurvanjski ruz za usne....:)
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
I actually liked this book a bit more than the first one...while still riddled with sexual scenes, it wasn't as over the top and I loved the love story really coming out into the front. I also liked the obstacles they kept having to overcome in their relationship and daily lives. I especially love the growth in Christian's character. I had an inkling as to the twist at the end, and am now looking forward to book three.

Reading book 2 again reminded me how much I hate Elena.

*First Read: 6/30/12*
*Second Read: 2/7/15* ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Check out my blog for an in-depth review of this book. http://opinionsofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2015/12/5fifty-shades-of-grey-e-l-jame... ( )
  M_Sawtelle | Apr 6, 2016 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89 books! | Top bar: Always visible