Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,9132291,314 (3.42)1 / 99
Member:salewis1
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, Read but unowned

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (224)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (236)
This book was my favorite out of the series so far. Wonderful character growth. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Not terrible, but by the end you're going to want to 'just get it over with'. ( )
  lotoflivinglefttodo | Jul 21, 2016 |
I’m reading this series to see what all the hype is about. This book, which is the 2nd of the series, is more about the relationship emotionally. It wasn’t bad but I was getting tired of the insecurities of both Christian and Ana. They are saying the same exact thing to each other but not believing it. Also, all the smirking. I was getting ready to count how many times that word was used.

I’ve read a few reviews where people say you can’t change someone and Christian can’t change in 5 weeks. I disagree. Ana isn’t forcing him to change, he is making the choice to change because he knows if he doesn’t he will lose her and losing Ana is more important than his playroom. Just like when people go into therapy, they hope therapy changes them and for a lot of people it does. Ana is kind of like his therapy. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Love how this book plays out, and basically starts right where the first one ended. Both characters do a lot of growing in this book, still have lots of issues, but they get through them together, and helps them mature.

I love the email messages between Ana and Christian, they made me laugh, especially the signatures. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |
I was down with this book for the entire time (but please, for the love of god, stop saying "Fifty," woman) ... until the last two pages. Am I supposed to believe that this series is now going to turn into some sort of action/mystery novel? We all know who that dude is and none of us care. Just get back to what you do best and leave the mystery novels to people who can actually write. ( )
  imahorcrux | Jun 22, 2016 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,137,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible