Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,4431741,562 (3.41)1 / 96
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, Read but unowned

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (168)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (180)
This is an awesome book! I love how Christian and Ana actually have problems (hopefully not ones that are relate able to everyone, but you are still hoping that they make it together. I am on my third pass through this book and just love it! It seems like it will be forever when the third one is out! I wish that they could be closer together ;) ( )
  Johnna27 | Nov 30, 2015 |
You know what? Be prepared to have Christian Grey withdrawal symptoms after you read this book. I've been wandering for days looking for something similar, but couldn't find it. It's simply not there. I was recommended Gabriel's Inferno as a sort of the same book, but ended up DNF-ing it. It might have worked for me before Grey but not after.

Saying all that, book #2 is a bit weaker than book #1. There is a villain in the end whose actions I found highly improbable. People just don't do shit like that these days, and the whole deal reeked of early 90s contemporaries. However, Fifty Shades Darker is still brimming with deliciousness.

Ana is growing up at last and sorting out her priorities. Grey matures immensely but doesn't lose his sharp edge at all, and Mrs.Robinson gets what she deserves. Mwahaha!

The heat level is just as scorching, there are still those marvellous emails flying back and forth between the lovers, and January release of Fifty Shades Freed can't come soon enough.

Warning: do not read in public places. Believe me, it's for your own good. Side effects: up to 7 days of mild withdrawal symptoms, inability to concentrate and insomnia. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Yeah, I hated the first book within 18-20 pages, you think I'm going to bother with the next two? ( )
  Schlyne | Nov 12, 2015 |
Definitely better than the first one, but still not the kind of story I would pick up on my own. I wonder if #3 is any better than #1 or #2? I'm going to keep reading to find out. I applaud Ana for finally standing her ground with Fifty Shades though, and breaking through his shell. ( )
  ElizaKing | Oct 27, 2015 |
3.75 stars

This one picked up right where Fifty Shades of Grey left off. A lot of people liked this one better, but I didn't like it quite as much. I found Christian and Ana a bit boring. A few things happened in the storyline in the last 1/3 of the book or so, that were a little more interesting (bringing my rating up an extra .25, instead of a “mere” 3.5 (good) rating), but I actually didn't like it quite as much. It's definitely still enough that I will finish the trilogy, though. ( )
  LibraryCin | Sep 28, 2015 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.

Signed baseball Bat from the Mariners-

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,963,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible