Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,9572311,296 (3.42)1 / 99
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading, Read but unowned

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (226)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (238)
Fifty Shades Darker

The Characters:

Anna Steele
Christian Gray

The Story:

I am not a 50 Shades fan. I only read this book because I know there will be a movie night with my friends/book club and I wanted to know what happens before I watch. Let’s be real I’m not really going to watch I’m going to have my comedy routine going like when we watched the first part. With that said, I was still unimpressed with these two. Their story isn’t bad but the repetitiveness and Anna’s immaturity make me constantly roll my eyes. I think the author is trying to convey Anna’s “innocence” but she really just makes her sound like an idiot sometimes.

I was prepared to move on with my life and not revisit this world again (well until the next movie came out) but Ms James snagged me with a cliffhanger that has so much potential I HAVE to read/listen to the next book soon. I just hope this potential is realized. ::fingers crossed::

The Random Thoughts:

2 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 3, 2016 |
The addition of conflicts (beyond the contrived interpersonal crap between Ana and Grey) was a pleasant surprise. The timeline in this book feels horribly *off* however. It seems to take place over the course of two weeks, yet more happens in that time than could be reasonably expected to happen in six months; for example, Christian bitching out Ana repeatedly about using her Blackberry to email him and then - what? two days? - later Christian's fears regarding her emails are realized. I work IT and have access to around 700 individuals' email accounts and I think I've only ever found reason to go into any of them three times in four years.

As to the sex, it was far more copious than in the previous book, but I still don't see any real kink. It's all *hinted* at, everything Christian ideally would like from Ana, but so far I've not seen anything that would so much as warrant a "trigger" tag in a fanfiction forum. I don't get why this is any more lurid than typical Harlequin smut.

*shrugs* People are weird. ( )
  benuathanasia | Sep 27, 2016 |
This book was my favorite out of the series so far. Wonderful character growth. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Not terrible, but by the end you're going to want to 'just get it over with'. ( )
  lotoflivinglefttodo | Jul 21, 2016 |
I’m reading this series to see what all the hype is about. This book, which is the 2nd of the series, is more about the relationship emotionally. It wasn’t bad but I was getting tired of the insecurities of both Christian and Ana. They are saying the same exact thing to each other but not believing it. Also, all the smirking. I was getting ready to count how many times that word was used.

I’ve read a few reviews where people say you can’t change someone and Christian can’t change in 5 weeks. I disagree. Ana isn’t forcing him to change, he is making the choice to change because he knows if he doesn’t he will lose her and losing Ana is more important than his playroom. Just like when people go into therapy, they hope therapy changes them and for a lot of people it does. Ana is kind of like his therapy. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.

Signed baseball Bat from the Mariners-

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,740,935 books! | Top bar: Always visible