Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,1391591,789 (3.41)1 / 92
Member:juliacornet
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, love, relationaships

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (154)  Spanish (3)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Catalan (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (165)
They are broken up and it goes off the first book. They can not resist each other, yet both have fears of one another. Very sexual and detailed. For the older crowd. you can't put these books down! I love Ana and Christian. They need each other to strive and be comfortable. They end up back together and things get more steamy in this novel. They fall for each other more. ( )
  | Feb 25, 2015 | edit |
Worse writing than the first, less thrilling sexually, and ended poorly just to ensure a third book would be published and sought after. Not worth your time, especially if you value personal freedom to explore your own sexuality and that consensual BDSM is not a thing to be ashamed of. ( )
  HippieLunatic | Feb 20, 2015 |
Why I am continuing to read this, I don't know.

Another novel that tries to tell women that abusive behavior is really love, not abuse. A novel that is extremely judgmental of BDSM- painting it as an 'illness' of Christian's that Ana is sent to 'cure'. Repetitive wording that is so glaringly obvious it distracts me.

Yet... I am still reading. I just started the third one in fact.

I take small comfort in the fact the books were not purchased and I have wasted no money on this. ( )
  autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |
Eh. I may or may not read the 3rd one. We'll see. ( )
  Sharn | Sep 6, 2014 |
Fifty Shades Darker by EL James
This picks up where the first book in the series ends. They have broken up and he still wants her and she needs to think more about it.
She has started a new job...and they get together to travel to her friends art show in Oregon. She has a fear of being punished and he has a fear of not being loved.
We learn more of their darker hidden secrets over time. Erotic sex scenes and most of them are not my cup of tea. Just don't get the beatings, whippings and hitting.
Lot of mysteries that also come to light, stalkers, etc. Sex scenes are quite intense and 99.9% are nothing I'd even want to do-just not into torture and pain. Their pasts are coming to the forefront as we learn more about them. ( )
  jbarr5 | Aug 27, 2014 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,743,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible