Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

2,646None2,246 (3.41)1 / 90
Member:juliacornet
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, love, relationaships

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

2012 (63) 2013 (10) adult (14) bdsm (58) contemporary (14) contemporary romance (15) E L James (9) ebook (48) erotic (28) erotic romance (13) erotica (121) fiction (149) Fifty Shades (11) Fifty Shades Trilogy (9) Kindle (53) love (14) love story (7) nook (8) own (9) paperback (10) read (29) read in 2012 (51) read in 2013 (7) relationships (8) Roman (7) romance (128) Seattle (9) series (32) sex (24) to-read (25)

English (142)  Spanish (4)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Catalan (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (154)
After all the hype I was expecting something... more. Even the sexy parts were not all that great. I skipped over most of them. ( )
  anitahavel | Apr 1, 2014 |
Intimidada por las peculiares prácticas eróticas y los oscuros secretos del atractivo y atormentado empresario Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele decide romper con él y embarcarse en una nueva carrera profesional en una editorial de Seattle. Pero el deseo por Christian todavía domina cada uno de sus pensamientos y, cuando finalmente él le propone retomar su romance, Ana no puede resistirse. Reanudan entonces su tórrida y sensual relación, pero mientras Christian lucha contra sus propios demonios del pasado, Ana debe tomar la decisión más importante de su vida… ( )
  sofi2911 | Mar 30, 2014 |
I don't understand these books. The writing is horrible, the story itself is dull and predictible, and yet I stay up way past my bedtime reading them.

This one was worst than the first one. The quest for a vanilla sex relationship took the "Oh! Naughty!" aspect off the table for 90 % of the book. But I will say, the fact that Jack is the one that tried to kill Grey will make me read the third.

What can I say, I'm an idiot. I have hope! ( )
  lmm161 | Mar 30, 2014 |
After the way the first book ended, I had to keep reading. And this is a mostly enjoyable read, though it loses steam somewhere around the middle of the book. Ana's insecurities really started grating on my nerves (not to mention the fact that she routinely goes all day without eating- what is up with that??). Even though it's called Fifty Shades Darker, this book was not darker than the first, in my opinion. Ana starts to miss Dom Christian and so do I, truthfully. Vanilla is good, but it was the dark chocolate ribbon that made the book appealing to start with.

Again, the editing was an issue throughout. There were missing periods, extra periods, missing quotation marks, and several places where she overused the same phrase. She wakes to Christian wrapped around her "like a vine" three or four times, if I recall.

There were some beautifully romantic scenes as the two find their way together, and I loved the way James used his fear of being touched to show the progression and trust in their relationship. And, of course, the witty email exchanges from the first book were back in book two, which was lovely.

A good book, but not as exciting or intriguing as the first. ( )
  CyndiTefft | Feb 6, 2014 |
Fifty shades of inappropriate use of work email. Just no.
  hannawy | Feb 6, 2014 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,418,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible