Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,0151581,891 (3.42)1 / 90
Member:juliacornet
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, love, relationaships

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (152)  Spanish (3)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Catalan (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (163)
Why I am continuing to read this, I don't know.

Another novel that tries to tell women that abusive behavior is really love, not abuse. A novel that is extremely judgmental of BDSM- painting it as an 'illness' of Christian's that Ana is sent to 'cure'. Repetitive wording that is so glaringly obvious it distracts me.

Yet... I am still reading. I just started the third one in fact.

I take small comfort in the fact the books were not purchased and I have wasted no money on this. ( )
  autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |
Eh. I may or may not read the 3rd one. We'll see. ( )
  Sharn | Sep 6, 2014 |
Fifty Shades Darker by EL James
This picks up where the first book in the series ends. They have broken up and he still wants her and she needs to think more about it.
She has started a new job...and they get together to travel to her friends art show in Oregon. She has a fear of being punished and he has a fear of not being loved.
We learn more of their darker hidden secrets over time. Erotic sex scenes and most of them are not my cup of tea. Just don't get the beatings, whippings and hitting.
Lot of mysteries that also come to light, stalkers, etc. Sex scenes are quite intense and 99.9% are nothing I'd even want to do-just not into torture and pain. Their pasts are coming to the forefront as we learn more about them. ( )
  jbarr5 | Aug 27, 2014 |
Rereading the whole series :) ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
well this book is full of twists.... on the previous book we get to see christian as the intimidating, powerfull and bossy type of guy while in this book we get to see completely the opposite. i really liked it because we get to know a lot more about his past and about himself, he finally lets himself go on his feelings and we get to see his insecurities without him being what he is. Anastasia is still the same type of person with her 'inner goddess' picking thorugh all the book which is still really annoying, i would´ve love to see a little more development on this character but the book is still really good. it still has a lot of sex sceanes but there love story develops a lot more and we get to see more about themselves.... i would still recomend this book a really good entertaining read ( )
  angie.arciba | Aug 9, 2014 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,960,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible