Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

3,2791681,672 (3.41)1 / 95
Member:juliacornet
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:romance, love, relationaships

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (163)  Spanish (3)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Catalan (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (174)
More of the same shit from the first book but with a slightly better story. Fifty Shades Darker gets a 1.75 from me. A constant back and forth on their relationship and what the other means to them. Ana and Christian were extra annoying in this book but at least there was more background info and more of a story. Both of them are still batshit crazy and I shake my head at the thought that people want a relationship like this. ( )
  GrlIntrrptdRdng | Jun 28, 2015 |
  GrlIntrrptdRdng | Jun 28, 2015 |
So I really did enjoy the first book (Fifty Shades of Grey) but this book is starting to get annoying! Ana starts the book of whinny, and it ends with her whinny. The whole book is a constant cycle of sex, happy time, argument, confusion, distrust, sex. The whole book is like that, throw in a few big things (helicopter crashes, being sexually assaulted) and there you have it: Fifty Shades Darker. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
Fifty Shades Darker felt less sexy and amusing than the first book. Less sexy, because a sex scene (even as hot a sex scene as described by E.L. James) every five minutes gets old (very odd, I know!). Less amusing, because this part really is darker, which is not in the least a bad thing, as it allows the plot to develop in a more interesting manner, and emotions and feelings to become more intense. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |

Another great book in the series. However I wish Ana would grow the heck up. Hopefully she grows in the next book and Christian gets through his issues. Only thing I didn't like was the ending.... ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,922,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible