Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty…

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

2,8761562,009 (3.42)1 / 90
Member:janersm
Title:Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 544 pages
Tags:books-in-a-series, disturbing-content, beach-books, read-in-2012, romance, mental-illness, violence, series-fifty-shades, abuse, alcohol-or-dui, sexual-abuse, erotic-romance, erotica, used-to-be-fanfiction

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (150)  Spanish (3)  Italian (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Catalan (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (161)
Fifty Shades Darker by EL James
This picks up where the first book in the series ends. They have broken up and he still wants her and she needs to think more about it.
She has started a new job...and they get together to travel to her friends art show in Oregon. She has a fear of being punished and he has a fear of not being loved.
We learn more of their darker hidden secrets over time. Erotic sex scenes and most of them are not my cup of tea. Just don't get the beatings, whippings and hitting.
Lot of mysteries that also come to light, stalkers, etc. Sex scenes are quite intense and 99.9% are nothing I'd even want to do-just not into torture and pain. Their pasts are coming to the forefront as we learn more about them. ( )
  jbarr5 | Aug 27, 2014 |
Rereading the whole series :) ( )
  Tiffy83 | Aug 11, 2014 |
well this book is full of twists.... on the previous book we get to see christian as the intimidating, powerfull and bossy type of guy while in this book we get to see completely the opposite. i really liked it because we get to know a lot more about his past and about himself, he finally lets himself go on his feelings and we get to see his insecurities without him being what he is. Anastasia is still the same type of person with her 'inner goddess' picking thorugh all the book which is still really annoying, i would´ve love to see a little more development on this character but the book is still really good. it still has a lot of sex sceanes but there love story develops a lot more and we get to see more about themselves.... i would still recomend this book a really good entertaining read ( )
  angie.arciba | Aug 9, 2014 |
Esta segunda parte de Cincuenta Sombras es sin duda la parte reveladora deberíamos llamarle así, puesto que en el mismo entendemos las razones (tan deseadas por los lectores), por las cuales el Sr. Grey es de la manera que es y de dónde sale su conducta o deseos sexuales.

A la vez vemos como la joven Anastasia se redescubre en cuanto a su personalidad y deseos sexuales, sin duda la veremos convertirse en una mujer que gusta por el sexo sadista, lo cual explica bien la razón de la virginidad y la pureza de ella, tal vez solo de esta forma ella hubiese deseado ser sadista cuando se trata del sexo puesto que Cristian fue quien abrio esa puerta en su vida.

Sin lugar a dudas este libro me gusto bastante. Entender el hecho de que el Sr. Grey puede superar o no ser sadista en el sexo se explica como también podemos entender simplemente que hay personas que gustan de este estilo.
Mis frases favoritas como siempre.

“I feel the familiar pull---I am drawn, Icarus to his sun. I have been burned already, and yet here I am again.” Kindel position 178.

“But I’m a selfish man. I‘ve wanted you since you fell into my office. You are exquisite, honest, warm, strong, witty, and beguilingly innocent; the lie is endless. I am in awe of you. I want you, and the thought of anyone else having you is like a knife twisting in my dark soul.” Kindel position 517.

“Touching is a hard limit for me, Anastasia.” Kindel position 535.

“I feel him before I see him. It’s as if my whole body is highly attuned to his presence.” Kindel position 746.

“I want to take care of you.” “His luminous eyes glow with some unnamed emotion.” Kindel position 1022.

“He like me tethered. I can’t touch him this way. It occurs to me that none of his subs would have touched him either.” Kindel position 1073.

“She said, ‘what do you have that I don’t have?’ And when I asked who she was, she said, ‘nobody.’” Kindel position 1120.

“I think of his scars, the stark physical embodiment of a horrific childhood and a sickening reminder of what mental scar he must bear.” Kindel position 1826.

“I am still me, Anastasiä-in all my fifty shades of fuckedupness. Yes, I have to fight the urge to be controlling…but that’s my nature, how I’ve deal with my life.” Kindel position 3350.

“I want you sleeping with me. I don’t have nightmares when you’re with me.” Kindel position 3447.

“I love you, Anastasia. I will do everything in my power to protect you. I cannot imagine my life without you.” Kindel position 1826.

“…An unloved child; a hideously abusive environment; a mother who couldn’t protect him, whom he couldn’t protect and who died in front of him.” Kindel position 3882.

“I love you, Anastasia. I will do everything in my power to protect you. I cannot imagine my life without you.” Kindel position 4027.

“Does she know how negative you are about yourself? About all your issues.” Kindel position 4090.
“The image of a powerful man whos’s really still a little boy, who was horrifically abused and neglected, who feels unworthy of love from his perfect family and his much less tha perfect girlfriend.” Kindel position 4719.

“I am a sadist, Ana. I like to whio little brown haired girls like you because you all look like the crack whore-my birth mother. I am sure you can guess why.” Kindel position 4820.

“Merry me, ” he whispers. What? Did he really just-. Kindel position 4872.

“I am just the same, Ana. I love you and I need you. Touch me. Please”. He rubs his nose against mine, and his quiet heartfelt plea moves me and I melt. Touch hum. Touch him while we make love. Oh My.” Kindel position 1826.

“Ana, touch me…please.” Kindel position 5053.

“He sighs. She didn’t love me. I dind’t love me. The only touch I knew was… hars.” Kindel position 5081.

“Needs change, ””he says simply. “Christian has founf himself in a situation where his methods of coping are no longer effective.” Kindel position 6048.

“Of course there are obstacles-his haphephobia for one.” Kindel position 6058.

“He has a morbid self-abhorrence. I ‘m sure that comes as no surprise to you. And of course there’s the parasomnia.” Kindel position 6061.

Pamelangeles | Jul 3, 2014 |
Literally could not put it down!! All you nay-sayers out there, literally, don't judge a book by it's cover. It is so much more that what you think of have heard. In fact, that is only a very small part of it. Can't wait to see how it all ends. ( )
  BooksToBreathe | Jul 2, 2014 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,330,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible