Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty…

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

3,3461711,623 (3.41)1 / 95
Member:janersm
Title:Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 544 pages
Tags:books-in-a-series, disturbing-content, beach-books, read-in-2012, romance, mental-illness, violence, series-fifty-shades, abuse, alcohol-or-dui, sexual-abuse, erotic-romance, erotica, used-to-be-fanfiction

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (165)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (177)
Great! They really get in to his "deal" and you start to see his transformation! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
Ana and Christian are separated lovers at the beginning of the book. Ana could not imagine life with dominering Christian and his kinky BDSM “red room of pain”. She starts her career at a Seattle publishing house and basically does nothing but pine away for her lost love. Five days of pining is long enough and they fall back into each other’s arms (and beds, and showers, and offices, and pool tables … you get the picture). Being under the attack of not only an unknown enemy but also an ex-submissive of Christian’s does not stop our star-crossed lovers from falling more deeply in love … and “flushing”, “scowling”, “demanding”, “smirking” and “frowning” their way to the altar.

Okay – I admit it – I got sucked into this series after reading the first book because I suspected what was going to happen and had to find out if my “reader’s instincts” were correct. (So far, so good). Although I did not like this book any better than the first and stand by my feeling that minus the (not so hot, by the way) sex it would read as a Y/A romance.
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
More of the same shit from the first book but with a slightly better story. Fifty Shades Darker gets a 1.75 from me. A constant back and forth on their relationship and what the other means to them. Ana and Christian were extra annoying in this book but at least there was more background info and more of a story. Both of them are still batshit crazy and I shake my head at the thought that people want a relationship like this. ( )
  GrlIntrrptdRdng | Jun 28, 2015 |
  GrlIntrrptdRdng | Jun 28, 2015 |
So I really did enjoy the first book (Fifty Shades of Grey) but this book is starting to get annoying! Ana starts the book of whinny, and it ends with her whinny. The whole book is a constant cycle of sex, happy time, argument, confusion, distrust, sex. The whole book is like that, throw in a few big things (helicopter crashes, being sexually assaulted) and there you have it: Fifty Shades Darker. ( )
  momma182 | Jun 23, 2015 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,164,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible