Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty…

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

3,7312261,400 (3.41)1 / 98
Member:lease4985
Title:Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 544 pages
Rating:*

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (217)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (229)
This book was on fire! Full of passion and imagination. I ate up every bit of it and wouldn't let go. The story of Ana and Christian continues through self-imposed peril, lust, and the wonders of love. I especially loved the party near the end, I wish I could go to a party with fireworks with a guy who loves me like Christian loves her. It would be like heaven.

Edited February 2nd 2015. I would like to add that this is less of a bdsm novel as it is about control, and not listening to your partner. Bdsm is all about safety, comfort and a bit of pain. No one that I have read would ignore safe words blatantly like Mr. Grey. After reading more books on this subject he fails my inspection as a good dominant. My original review stays because it was true. Fifty Shades of Grey was exciting and intense. I did demote the book a star because what Christian did was wrong. So wrong in the extreme. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I really wondering why I plan on finishing out this series...I guess maybe it's the way this second book ended, yes, it did get my curiosity. BUT It just bother's me....within such a short time a woman is ready to marry a man obviously ridden with problems. I really struggled with finishing this book, and I am relieved that I have finished it tonight. I think it's very repetitive, and frankly, I get tired of a controlling, whiny grown man. ( )
  gma2lana | May 9, 2016 |
Was this even written by the same author?

If you took a very heavy red pen to [b:Fifty Shades of Grey|10818853|Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)|E.L. James|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1385207843s/10818853.jpg|15732562], toned down Ana's multiple personalities, made Christian less of a overtly creepy stalker, made them a more communicative couple while still leaving Ana some way to dramatically leave Christian to set off his recovery and then added it to the beginning of Fifty Shades Darker, you might have something that could be somewhat passable as an average book. In terms of writing and characterization Fifty Shades Darker seems much tighter than it's predecessor, but it still has a long way to go before I would call it good writing.

I'm a sucker for a good beauty and the beast tale; give me a tortured hero/heroine and the heroine/hero that saves him/her and I will devour it. At it's very core of being, that is what Fifty Shades wants to be. There is so much in this book that I, being a romantic, want to love. The moment in which Christian completely submits to Ana could have been amazing - I'll be honest, there were a few feels at that moment - but it just didn't all come together in a way that worked.

vnorthw | Apr 15, 2016 |
I'm passing on an article assignment because it requires that I read the whole series and watch the movie. The first book was horrible and the second was worse. It feels like how I imagine dying a a slow, painful, torturous death, only to be reborn and forced to do it all again, would feel. I will not read the third one no matter how many times I get to read, "I flushed!" ( )
  kristina_brooke | Apr 15, 2016 |
Moja unutrasnja boginja nosi kurvanjski ruz za usne....:)
  ceca78 | Apr 10, 2016 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) by E. L. James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,786,871 books! | Top bar: Always visible