Fifty Shades Darker by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E L James

4,8672621,394 (3.39)1 / 105
Member:Rfaulk
Title:Fifty Shades Darker
Authors:E L James
Info:The Writer's Coffee Shop (2012), Edition: First, Paperback, 394 pages
Tags:ratedr fun entertainment leisure

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (256)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (268)
I found myself unable to put this book down and much better than the first in the series. This also took me a day and a half to read because I enjoyed it so much. The second book I feel is even better than the first in this series. This book pretty much picks up at the end of the last one.

A lot of the book is spent on developing Mr.Grey's character and his relationship with family along with Ana. We learn more about his 'problems' and why he is the way he is. Along with where he came from. Many of the issues with Mrs. Robinson were also addressed in this book which made me REALLY happy. The ending left me at a spot where I was able to break from reading the series for a few days before starting book 3.

I think the direction of the story has been very satisfying so far. It doesn't really veer off the path of a typical story in this format but it offeres enough 'new' stuff to keep me interested. Plus Mr. Grey is just amazing as a character. If you liked the first book I think you will enjoy this one even more. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
Powerful book continuing from the previous, some aspects got a little tiring at times, yet over all a great book. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
This was a surprised for me. I thought that I wasn't going to continue on with this series but I ended up doing it because something about it had me hooked and I had to find out what happened. One minute I was saying I was going to read a page or two and the next minute I was already in two or three chapters further than when I started. My only problem was that there were quite a few words that I didn't understand and that peeves me a bit. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
I freely admit that I am probably one of the select few in the lifestyle who actually enjoys these books. With that being said, I am able to get the "Twilight" reference. However, I still found myself engrossed in the second book in the trilogy. I didn't get through it as fast as I did the first one, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. It's nowhere near as perverse as my favorite, "120 Days of Sodom," but that's in another category entirely. Perhaps a bit on the Stockholm Syndrome spectrum, but who am I to judge? We all like what we like, and the main characters obviously enjoy one another. Live and let live, I say.

As an aside, I could tell that a lot of the same words were used ad nauseam, mostly certain phrases and whatnot. It wasn't enough to ruin the story for me, but that part became a bit monotonous. ( )
  sealford | Jul 10, 2018 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

E. L. James's book Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,865,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible