Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty…

Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (original 2011; edition 2012)

by E. L. James

4,9002631,391 (3.39)1 / 105
Member:Danabluehats
Title:Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
Authors:E. L. James
Info:Vintage (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 544 pages

Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James (2011)

English (257)  Spanish (3)  Catalan (2)  Portuguese (Brazil) (2)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  French (1)  All languages (269)
Continuing the "50 Shades" trilogy, I indulged into the second book, wanting, needing to know what happens, especially leaving the first book on a cliff hanger like that!

So, I indulged .... and .... got bored. Parts of the book were fascinating, like learning all of Mr. Grey's dirty little secrets, the many misunderstands (as I will call them to not ruin the book), and the sex scenes (to put it as Mr. Grey says it from the first book: "vanilla", but hey! it's still a sex scene). Let me just say that it went from an "erotic" novel to "romance" really, really, really quickly.

The novel lives up to its name, exploring the darker side- and the past of Mr. Christian Grey. That past comes up and bites him right in the ass ... I wonder if that would arouse him (the biting of the buttocks). My mind thinks "Possibly".

Again, she leaves the book on another cliff hanger. URG!

I felt as if a selected few chapters were out of place and didn't flow with the book, like the second to last page. I felt like there should have been a least that line between paragraphs (like this ~~~~~~) to tell the reader that a new scene or another character is about to happen. This mark, I felt, was put in the wrong place. Unless, there were an error in the e-reader format of the book, or an error with my Kindle.

Darker isn't a bad book, honestly. It's insightful, entertaining, and somewhat frightening at parts. I'm going to blame the monotony and lack of erotica on Ana, since she isn't that kinky after all...

Ana is one lucky girl, but I think she has her work cut out for her.

This is just my opinion. Honest and true. ( )
  ashleydavida | Dec 21, 2018 |
I found myself unable to put this book down and much better than the first in the series. This also took me a day and a half to read because I enjoyed it so much. The second book I feel is even better than the first in this series. This book pretty much picks up at the end of the last one.

A lot of the book is spent on developing Mr.Grey's character and his relationship with family along with Ana. We learn more about his 'problems' and why he is the way he is. Along with where he came from. Many of the issues with Mrs. Robinson were also addressed in this book which made me REALLY happy. The ending left me at a spot where I was able to break from reading the series for a few days before starting book 3.

I think the direction of the story has been very satisfying so far. It doesn't really veer off the path of a typical story in this format but it offeres enough 'new' stuff to keep me interested. Plus Mr. Grey is just amazing as a character. If you liked the first book I think you will enjoy this one even more. ( )
  rabidgummibear | Nov 28, 2018 |
Powerful book continuing from the previous, some aspects got a little tiring at times, yet over all a great book. ( )
  Preston.Kringle | Nov 23, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  thepageparamour | Sep 9, 2018 |
This was a surprised for me. I thought that I wasn't going to continue on with this series but I ended up doing it because something about it had me hooked and I had to find out what happened. One minute I was saying I was going to read a page or two and the next minute I was already in two or three chapters further than when I started. My only problem was that there were quite a few words that I didn't understand and that peeves me a bit. ( )
  WormsReview | Aug 31, 2018 |
For Z and J
You have my unconditional love, always.
He's come back.
Congratulations on your first day at work.
I hope it went well.
And thank you for the glider. That was very thoughtful.
It has pride of place on my desk.
Christian

Two Cases of Wine of Your Choice form Alban Estates-
Alban Estates

Two VIP Tickets for XTY on Concert-
Mrs. L. Yesyov

Race Day at Daytona-EMC Britt Inc.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, First Edition-

One-Week Stay Aboard the SusieCue Yacht (Six Berths),
Moored in St. Lucia-Dr. &Mrs. Larin

One Week at Lake Adriana, Montana (Sleeps Eight)-
Mr. & Dr. Grey
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again…
Congratulations, Miss Steele
And all on your own!
No help form your over friendly, neighborhood, megalomaniac CEO
Love
Christian

Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront her anger and envy of the women who came before her and make the most important decision of her life.

Erotic, sparkling and suspenseful, Fifty Shades Darker is the irresistibly addictive second part of the Fifty Shades trilogy.

from website

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

E. L. James's book Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades Trilogy #2) was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,618,949 books! | Top bar: Always visible