The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the…

The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country

by Cindy Woodsmall

6320188,983 (4)None

What a wonderful story! What wonderful characters! What a wonderful continuation of the stories in Apple Ridge.

When you get started, it may not seem that way for a while but trust me when I tell you that this book is worth finishing!

Cindy Woodsmall has again captured our hearts with wonderfully colorful characters in the Amish community of Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania.

The story deals with something that is very different than what we think of as the typical Amish read but then Cindy has a talent for writing those kinds of stories. Her Amish Vines and Orchards series falls into the exact same category and I could not put those books down!

The same was true of this series. The Apple Ridge community is full of wonderful people who each seem to have their own story and they all blend so well together to create a wonderful world that pulls you right in.

Cindy Woodsmall is truly an incredibly gifted author and one of my all-time favorites! I can't wait to get to her next book and I hope there are many many more to come!
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Short, amishish novel about Mattie Eash who has her heart broken and moves away. Tragedy stricks and she returns home to be re- connected with Gideon Beiler. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Good reunion story. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Feb 26, 2014 |
For the most part I enjoyed this novella by an author whose books I have loved a lot. I guess it didn't quite grab me as much as some, but perhaps I read it at the wrong time (a month after Christmas.) Mattie seemed at some times whiny and at other times strong. Gideon had sacrificed a lot for her, but she took a long time to appreciate it. I'm glad that it had a happy ending. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jan 26, 2014 |
A Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
Cindy Woodsmall
This is a book about a young woman who was engaged to her best friend. Prior to the story they broke up and Mattie moved to another state. Through time she has found another suitor that works for her, when another tragedy occurs and this sends Mattie home to recover. This is where she runs into her ex-fiance. Through the community, family and friends she has to rebuild her life and determine if she and Gideon can make peace. This was an enjoyable story with characters from previous stories interlacing the current story. Cindy Woodsmall is an enjoyable writer to read. From the first book I picked up I was hooked. The characters were well developed, the Amish lifestyle was a minor part of the story, and yet they flowed well together. Overall it was an enjoyable book and I am waiting for more stories about this community.
I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own. I am thankful to them for this opportunity. ( )
  Robin661 | Jun 29, 2012 |

After Gideon coldly broke her heart, can the warmth of the season revive Mattie’s hopes?

Mattie thought her childhood sweetheart adored her until he abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve.

Three years later, will learning the truth behind his rejection restore her Christmas joy – or open the door to even deeper heartbreak?

Spend Christmas with the Amish in this story of love, romance, heartache, and restoration.

Experience the holidays with the Plain folk and discover the power of second chances in this touching story from the author of the New York Times bestseller, The Bridge of Peace.

Gideon Beiler has loved Mattie Eash since they were children. But when faced with unexpected circumstances, he makes up an excuse to end their engagement. He doesn’t want to lie to her, but he believes that telling Mattie the truth will be more hurtful.

Brokenhearted, Mattie moves from Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania to Ohio, where she pursues her longtime dream of becoming a cake decorator. She finds a new beau—a man offering the secure relationship Gideon has denied her.

When Mattie is forced to return to Apple Ridge, she and Gideon must confront the suffering created by his dishonesty – and address the powerful emotions that continue to bind the two childhood friends.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:33 -0400)

After her childhood sweetheart, Gideon Beiler, abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve, cake decorator Mattie Eash starts a new life in Berlin, Ohio, and eventually gives her heart to someone new, but three years after her painful ordeal, an unforeseen setback forces Mattie home and into painful proximity to Gideon.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,032,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible