The Christmas singing : a romance from the…

The Christmas singing : a romance from the heart of Amish country (edition 2011)

by Cindy Woodsmall

After her childhood sweetheart, Gideon Beiler, abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve, cake decorator Mattie Eash starts a new life in Berlin, Ohio, and eventually gives her heart to someone new, but three years after her painful ordeal, an unforeseen setback forces Mattie home and into painful proximity to Gideon.… (more)
Member:anabernathy
Title:The Christmas singing : a romance from the heart of Amish country
Authors:Cindy Woodsmall
Info:Colorado Springs, Colo. : WaterBrook Press, 2011.

The Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country by Cindy Woodsmall

Mattie has a pretty fulfilling life. She has her own cake shop and she enjoys making special cakes for people, but there is something - and someone - she avoids even thinking about. She came to this town to start her shop, where she had relatives, running away from her home when the love of her life broke up with her. Dire circumstances forced Mattie to return home, and she must face Gideon once again. But Gideon has not been truthful with Mattie, and he, too, must account for what he did and for what he didn’t say. Author Cindy Woodsmall has penned a short but meaningful tale about relationships and forgiveness. Good intentions to protect someone sometimes backfire, and you end up hurting the one you wanted to spare. A cautionary tale yet entertaining. ( )
  Maydacat | Nov 22, 2018 |
What a wonderful story! What wonderful characters! What a wonderful continuation of the stories in Apple Ridge.

When you get started, it may not seem that way for a while but trust me when I tell you that this book is worth finishing!

Cindy Woodsmall has again captured our hearts with wonderfully colorful characters in the Amish community of Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania.

The story deals with something that is very different than what we think of as the typical Amish read but then Cindy has a talent for writing those kinds of stories. Her Amish Vines and Orchards series falls into the exact same category and I could not put those books down!

The same was true of this series. The Apple Ridge community is full of wonderful people who each seem to have their own story and they all blend so well together to create a wonderful world that pulls you right in.

Cindy Woodsmall is truly an incredibly gifted author and one of my all-time favorites! I can't wait to get to her next book and I hope there are many many more to come!
  JCMorrows | Aug 25, 2015 |
Short, amishish novel about Mattie Eash who has her heart broken and moves away. Tragedy stricks and she returns home to be re- connected with Gideon Beiler. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Good reunion story. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Feb 26, 2014 |
For the most part I enjoyed this novella by an author whose books I have loved a lot. I guess it didn't quite grab me as much as some, but perhaps I read it at the wrong time (a month after Christmas.) Mattie seemed at some times whiny and at other times strong. Gideon had sacrificed a lot for her, but she took a long time to appreciate it. I'm glad that it had a happy ending. ( )
  eliorajoy | Jan 26, 2014 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Cindy Woodsmall's book The Christmas Singing was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,146,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible