Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding…

Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World… (original 2011; edition 2012)

by William Shatner, Chris Regan

Member:LisaMaria_C
Title:Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large
Authors:William Shatner
Other authors:Chris Regan
Info:NAL Trade (2012), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 272 pages
Collections:Reviewed, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:non-fiction, humor, biography, memoir, Gerri's Gift, autobiography, Star Trek

Shatner Rules: Your Guide to Understanding the Shatnerverse and the World at Large by William Shatner (2011)

This book was brilliant! ( )
  VincentDarlage | Jan 30, 2015 |
What can I say, except that this book is pure Shat. If you you like The Shat you'll enjoy it and if Shat doesn't do shit for you then why would you pick it up in the first place?

Part advice from a workaholic, the notes of a crotchety old man and some surprising moments of passionate honesty, it does give glimpses of the man behind the magic without ever really leaving the stage.

It's nice light reading, recommended for planes, trains and automobiles (provided you're not the one driving). Just please, don't tell George Takei I said so.

laurustina | Jan 14, 2015 |
This book was a true joy to read. I wasn’t even suppose to read, my plan was just to check in the first chapter but I was hooked, line and sinker. It was a quick read; it was both easy written and so funny that I couldn’t stop reading. Star Trek is kind of a big thing in America (see image below)

William Shatner is and always will be (I almost quoted the wrath of khan) best known for roll of Captain Kirk. If you want a deep biography about Shatner and Star Trek, this isn’t the book for you, then you should read [b:Star Trek Memories|77549|Star Trek Memories|William Shatner|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1386921185s/77549.jpg|1098955] and/or [b:Star Trek Movie Memories|77550|Star Trek Movie Memories|William Shatner|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1387717473s/77550.jpg|287688]. But if you want a couple of hour of entertainment, then this book is for you!
  MaraBlaise | Dec 11, 2014 |
This is a humorous book that addresses the rules by which William Shatner has worked - such as his number one rule - always say yes. The book provides insights into his career, including his three-year stint on Star Trek. But that was only one of several successful TV serieses with which he has been associeated. This is not a deep book, but it is amusing. ( )
  EowynA | Jul 2, 2013 |
A touching, funny look at life from a man who says he's done it all. It was interesting to see the "real" William Shatner behind the facade he puts up on TV. I picked this up as a break from the more serious books I've been reading. Would only really recommend it to Shatner fans though. ( )
  Shirezu | Mar 31, 2013 |
Shatner Rules is nothing except that which it purports to be. It’s an entertaining walk through Shatnerville, one where the regular tourists can admire the familiar scenery, and where newcomers can chuckle at their newfound surroundings. There’s a distinct been there, done that, feeling for the Shatner Faithful.
added by hf22 | editNational Post, Matt Hartley (Dec 9, 2011)

I've gotten to the age where I am counting every precious minute, so although none of us knows what is going to happen next, the dice are loaded for me having less time than more. So it seems that I should give a giant shout-out to everything meaningful in my life, 'cause you never know when you are going to get another shout-out. So to my wife, my daughters, my grandchildren, my dogs, my horses, and my friends, I hope I see you all tomorrow. And I'd also like to give a shout-out to Chris Regan, who is a terrific guy, a wonderful writer, and a new friend.
Introduction: I, William Shatner, am now eighty years of age, and I've been thinking a lot lately about my late mother's eighty-fourth birthday.

You love William Shatner.

You admire his many and varied talents.

You appreciate his creativity and willingness to take risks.

You want to learn his master negotiation techniques.

You wish you could hang out with him.

Admit it. You want to BE William Shatner.

And now...you can (almost).

This collection of rules, illustrated with stories from Bill's illustrious life and career, will show you how Bill became WILLIAM SHATNER, larger than life and bigger than any role he ever played. Shatner Rules is your guide to becoming William Shatner. Or more accurately, beautifully Shatneresque.

Because let's face it...Shatner does rule, doesn't he?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:34 -0400)

The actor best known as Captain Kirk on "Star Trek" shares self-deprecating memories from his on- and off-screen experiences while discussing such topics as his larger-than-life celebrity persona, his career longevity, and his views on modern technology.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,754,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible