Imhotep by Jerry Dubs

Tags:Egypt, Historical Fiction, Time Travel

Imhotep by Jerry Dubs

Kindle Book
  hawki | Mar 9, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. Although I'm not a scholar of Ancient Egypt I found the book to be exactly what I'd imagined Ancient Egypt would be. The male characters are well defined although the women not so much. The goodies had some bad characteristics and the baddies had reasons for how they became disillusioned with their lives. I loved the idea that the mummies discovered in ancient tombs may not be who we think they are. I will read the next in the series. ( )
  scot2 | Feb 7, 2015 |
Waja-Hur, Reckoner of Times and Seasons, was confused. (Prologue)
Tim Hope abandoned his fight against the sand.

Stumbling in the dark of an unfinished tomb beneath the sands of Saqqara, Tim Hope discovers a doorway that opens into ancient Egypt, a time before the Sphinx, before the great pyramids of Giza, and long before the loss of his beloved Addy.

Hoping to forget his past, Tim immerses himself in the ancient world and soon learns that two other Americans have preceded him through the time portal. While searching for them Tim finds himself feeling at home in the simpler, more immediate land and irresistibly attracted to the delicate Meryt, a wbt-priestess for the god Re.

As he learns more about King Djoser and the seven-year famine that has gripped Egypt, Tim discovers that his fate, the hopes of the two Americans and the future of Egypt rest in the hands of the legendary Imhotep, master architect of the Step Pyramid, renowned physician and intimate adviser to King Djoser.

[retrieved 1/17/2015 from Amazon.com]

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,872,178 books! | Top bar: Always visible