Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Feet First: A Guide to Foot Reflexology
by Laura Norman
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671634127, Paperback)In Feet First, America's foremost reflexology spokesperson on radio and TV -- and in publications from The New York Times to Cosmopolitan -- explains how to relieve physical problems -- from headaches and insomnia to high blood pressure and weight loss -- with this easily accessible and popular holistic technique. Showing how everyone can use reflexology to reduce stress, revitalize energy, strengthen the immune system, stimulate creativity, and enhance relationships, Norman also includes:
* descriptions of the reflex points, the six basic techniques, and easy-to-learn specialized and master routines.
* 32 foot-relaxation techniques, most of them unique to Norman's program
* specific chapters and techniques for stress, sports injuries, addiction problems, the terminally ill, women, and couples
* visualizations, affirmations, and children's games to use with the routines
* a chart of ailments and reflexology aids for them
Feet First is the only reflexology guide designed for everyday situations and people -- from office workers on a lunch break to families caring for an aged relative. This special kind of "touch therapy" strengthens the bonds between those who use it together.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:27 -0400)
Argues that the healing powers of the body can be tapped by applying pressure to the feet, and discusses the practice of reflexology.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.