A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows: An…

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows: An Outlander Novella (edition 2012)

by Diana Gabaldon

Collections:Your library, Kindle
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, short story, fantasy

A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows by Diana Gabaldon

From the outlander series this novella expands on what we know of Mac's father Interesting but I don't think it was a "need to know". I wouldn't buy another novella like this as it didn't really add to the series. ( )
1 vote Bettesbooks | Jul 5, 2016 |
I know it was just a tiny novella—or according to the author, "a story." And it did fill in some blanks, albeit blanks I wasn't all that concerned about. However, it was just kind of dull compared to what I'm used to in the series. ( )
  eslee | Jun 17, 2016 |
Anything by Diana Gabaldon is worth reading. This gives the reader a look at the family of Roger Mac ( )
  winterslights | Jun 12, 2016 |
A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallow’s – Gabaldon

4 stars

It is sub-titled An Outlander Novella, and I suppose that at 54 pages it is a bit long for a short story. It feels like a chapter pulled from one of Gabaldon’s big fat books. Certainly, it contains a teaser for the as yet unpublished 8th book on the series. The story takes place during WW2 and concerns Roger MacKenzie’s parents, Jerry and Marjorie. In addition to some presumably accurate descriptions of Spitfire flight maneuvers, Gabaldon remains true to form in her ability to provide her characters with satisfying sex lives. This story would be incomprehensible to anyone who is not familiar with the entire Outlander series. As a devoted fan, I found it to be what Gabaldon calls ‘methadone’; an entertaining way to feed my addiction until the next book is published.
  msjudy | May 30, 2016 |
Just finished reading An Echo in the Bone and Roger and Buck going back in time. Now we know Roger got to see his dad, but also that his dad saved him in the tunnel. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |

Diana Gabaldonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacKenzie, Robert IanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Orphaned during World War II, Roger believed that his mother died during the London Blitz, and that his father, an RAF pilot, was killed in combat. Roger discovers that this may not be the whole story.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,477,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible