Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

Such a Rush (edition 2012)

by Jennifer Echols

Member:taleofnight
Title:Such a Rush
Authors:Jennifer Echols
Info:MTV Books (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:***
Tags:realistic

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols

He leído varios libros de Jennifer Echols y los he disfrutado todos, éste no es la excepción.

A pesar de lo que dice la sinopsis del libro, en realidad la historia no se trata de un triangulo amoroso. Desde el principio son claros los sentimientos de cada uno de los personajes, y el "giro final" en realidad no es ningún giro, sino el resultado obvio de todo de lo que vamos siendo testigos.

El primer 70%-75% las obviedades en la trama creo que la hacen particularmente disfrutable, ya que le quita el peso de los grandes dramas, sin embargo ya hacia el final el abuso de clichés arruinan la fluidez de la historia. ( )
  Glire | Jul 7, 2014 |
After The one that I want I was a little hesitant to read this book as much as I was excited. I didn't hate The one that I want, I just really disliked the best friend in that book. However Such a Rush was gripping and realistic. Leah was a little different then some other characters that I have read, she was in charge of the family or what excuse she had of a family forcing Leah to grow up very independent. Flying is just a way for her to feel a connection and to finally be herself. Jennifer Echols created a cast a characters that is funny, sexy, sweet, and will pull the emotional strings. A book that should be picked up! ( )
  ottilieweber | Apr 24, 2014 |
This was such a sweet story! More review to come :D ( )
  asgwilli | Dec 2, 2013 |
Pros:
* fun read
* fluffy, teen romance

Cons:
* situations/scenes escalate and end in 3 pages
* characters switch emotional gears in seconds

Hot twins, a girl from the wrong side of the tracks with gritty determination and a spring break setting makes for a quick read. ( )
  ErikaWasTaken | Sep 22, 2013 |
I didnt read any reviews on Such A Rush before I picked it up. Im a daredevil like that. I loved the cover and while you should never judge a book by the cover, I unabashedly admit it: I totally did.

Cover Judger McJudgington

I know what you're thinking, her hair must have taken a load of shampoo to get out all that AquaNet.

After reading the back blurb, I nearly put the book back. My inner teenager - the one that tirelessly watched Top Gun - first at the theater, then burning a hole in my VHS tape - is still hooked on planes of any kind. How could she not be? My inner flygirl made everyone call her "Charlie" for a year and got mad when her Mom wouldnt let her wear seamed hose....well, "Charlie" won, and got her book even though I am NO fan of the overdone Love Triangle.

~Blergh~

Im so glad I gave it a try. i read it in a day's time while my inner Charlie put on her wedgie, sporty, two-piece suit and went to play beach volleyball in the Danger Zone with Iceman, Slider, and Hollywood. The hussy.

Such A Rush fits in the New Adult genre but is set as YA. I'd say mature YA. I discovered immediately, this wasnt your average Erhmehgerd-I-Just-Met-You-This-Is-Crazy-Im-Struck-Stupid-I-Love-You-Forevar! when they all first meet. Good Lord, I hate that. Authors need to stop doing it. Take notes from Jennifer Echols.

This is a love triange...that isn't one.

It's like Echols took a yawn-boring, overdone, love triange, threw it in the cockpit and out came this story of loyalties and love that isn't anywhere near predictable. And then throws you for another corkscrew loop. Corkscrew...get it?

~woohoo, arms in the air, airplane reference!~

There is plenty of piloting planes, not fighter planes, but still airplanes nonetheless. The reader is plunked into the life of this everyday girl who has made some silly or stupid choices to roll with the turbulence of life. She can fly a plane but cant drive car. She's dealt with a flakey parental, encountered swoony boys, gave up fighting assumptions and gossip, found herself embroiled in family dramas, learned deep loyalties, deepened friendships, and had some LOL's.

Such A Rush reminds me a bit of one of Shakespeare's plots: What you thought, isn't. How you see it happening, doesn't. But it all connects for a more interesting, twisty plot where it all works out well in the end.

Like the beauty of an F14, inverted, 4G dive."Say cheese."

~woohoo, buzzes the airport tower~ ( )
  fueledbycoffee | Jul 12, 2013 |

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying, which allows her to forget her absentee mother and life in a South Carolina trailer park, but when Grayson, the son of her deceased flight instructor, blackmails her into working for him and his brother Alec, the consequences could be deadly.… (more)

Jennifer Echols is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,393,605 books! | Top bar: Always visible