Time untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Time untime (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:wyvernfriend
Title:Time untime
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon (Author)
Info:London : Piatkus, 2012.
Collections:Library Loans, Read but unowned, Read
Tags:fiction, read, 2012, library, november, urban fantasy, dark hunters, qq, mythology

Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon (2012)

I so love doing catch ups. I really need to get some of the books I have on my shelves, off! This month we are doing Sherrilyn Kenyon. I have let myself get a little behind on her and it drives me crazy. I will explain how it happened.

I couldn't get into Time Untime!

That's it in a nutshell. I don't know why I couldn't, but I wouldn't happen for me.Since April of 2013 when I bought it I've tried over and over with no such luck! In fact this book messed me up so bad that I couldn't even read her, The League series.

I think what happened is I was just blocked. Plus since I like to read in order for a series I couldn't even move on to Styxx which was next.

I finally forced myself to sit down and read it. Okay, I pulled it out last month and looked at it until Monday. I can't lie to you guys!

Finally on Monday I sat down and read the whole book. That's right, I read it straight through!

Sounds like I did something wonderful...'woman reads book she hates'...well that's not what happened. It's was more like this...'woman reads book she enjoys'...I know! How did that happen!!! To be honest, I have no clue. I just sat down and read. I think the issue for me was the prologue and first chapter. I didn't like them. But once I got past those, I was doing pretty good!

I can't tell you what a relief it was getting past Time Untime. I can now move on to her other books. You will really like the characters and even get to visit with some of her past characters. I love visiting! That part I really enjoy.

As a whole the book might of had some minor issues, but it was pretty good. It's worth reading that's for sure!

Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog:

Romancing the Readers Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/RomancingTheReaders/ ( )
  AnnLorz | May 19, 2016 |
From a very early age, the heroine was surrounded by myths and old tales told to her by her grandmother. Though she can remember be enchanted by the stories, she never actually believed in any other them. But she's also been dreaming of strange places and a time before her own and most of all, she's dreaming about a man. This man is gorgeous and she feels a deep connection to this strange but it's disturbing to have all visions end with him killing her. Now, she's received a tablet showing the Mayan calendar about the end of days and she's attacked in her office by strange men looking for her time stone. She's saved by her brother in law but in the chaos she's thrown into an alternate dimension- a form of hell. There, she's saved again but this time by the man of her visions. The hero has lived for thousands of year and never once in his long life has ever felt loved. The bastard son of a mortal and a goddess, he was ripped from his mothers arms and raised by demons before being forced into his fathers unwilling arms. There, in a presence of people who hated, he spent his torturous childhood. Plagued by stutters and shunned by his father, the boy grew up into a self conscious and timid man. Betrayed by his brother, the hero is murdered before selling his soul to return as a dark hunter for vengeance. Now, he's the only thing standing in the way between the destruction of the world and the heroine who can stop it. She's everything he's afraid of. She shows him kindness and understanding, both things he's completely ignorant of. And though he knows he's not worthy, he begins to fall for her. When she's killed by the enemy, he willingly surrenders himself back into the power of the god who'll use him to destroy the world. Now the heroine must fight to stop her visions from coming true and prove that the man she loves is a good man. I am torn about this book. I enjoyed about 50% of it, which in all honesty is a good percentage given this authors track record but once again it was bogged down with unnecessary angst. I really loved the fact that the hero is silent for the start of the book because once he started talking it become nothing but torturous moaning about how unworthy he is or disgusting or pitiful. I swear to God that every male character in the series is a whinny cry baby. It's such a turn off for a man to be that forlorn. Granted, I did enjoy the first half of the book before the hero's story really become the focus but once again I strained my eyes with the amount of eye rolls I did as the story went on. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Not sure where to start with this one. -
Its different the past Dark Hunter novels, some of the characters we met in Retribution, so their names are not unfamiliar.
I felt like i needed a scorecard to keep track of all the characters names in the past and their names in the current time, part of this is because of Kateri's flashbacks. I found the beginning of the book ( about 20-25%) for be hard to get through, then it seemed to change and became a much easier read, not so "i have to work" at this kind of a read.
The overall story was good, the myths surrounding the story plot worked (not sure if any of them belong to the cultures they were associated with), the gut wrenching sparrow one feels for Ren is ever present.

There were definite points of confusion for me, as i thought that Ren had been killed at least twice throughout the time, by his brother Coyote once tricked- spear through the heart, and a 2nd time with poison . I wanted to hear more about the first guardian, and that section was very short, I wanted to know wanted to know more about how the stone that was sent to Katier played into the plot, other then the discussions of the Jaguar in the center of it and the linking of the languages.

It was good to get a touch of Ash, Talon, Uran and Nick (who has not lost his anger), it gave me a warm fuzzy that this was a Dark Hunter novel. I love the references to Ash's hair in this book..so wonderful to see such a bigger then life character pay tribute to the Gods of good fortune.

Overall a big change in the Dark Hunter story lines we have all come to know and love, but then nothing can stay the same, change can be good. It will be interesting to see where the series goes from here, weither it goes back to what we have known or continues on the road of new characters, and myths.

In closing I would not suggest this book as a first read for one not already into the Dark Hunter series, this book is truly for those who have followed the series and understand the Dark Hunter universe.
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Oh dear, its almost becoming like reading a Danielle Steele novel. There was no conflict between the two, she just was the nice person and thought he was hot, so wonderful and fell for him. Granted she had been dreaming about him her whole life, so knew a lot about him. Still it was just a little too simple. I guess I didn't feel enough tension that everything wouldn't work out at the end. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
. ( )
  DuchessofHazard | Nov 29, 2015 |

Kateria Avani is driven by a lifetime of perplexing dreams to Las Vegas, where she meets a compellingly familiar warrior who has returned from the dead to prevent the fulfillment of a prophecy that could end the world.

197 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,935,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible