Time Untime (Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn…

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:twylyghtbay
Title:Time Untime (Dark-Hunter)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:Your library, KENYON SHERRILYN
Rating:*****
Tags:HARDBACK, 1ST EDITION, AUTOGRAPHED, 1ST PRINTING, LEATHER BOX, New

Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon (2012)

Not sure where to start with this one. -
Its different the past Dark Hunter novels, some of the characters we met in Retribution, so their names are not unfamiliar.
I felt like i needed a scorecard to keep track of all the characters names in the past and their names in the current time, part of this is because of Kateri's flashbacks. I found the beginning of the book ( about 20-25%) for be hard to get through, then it seemed to change and became a much easier read, not so "i have to work" at this kind of a read.
The overall story was good, the myths surrounding the story plot worked (not sure if any of them belong to the cultures they were associated with), the gut wrenching sparrow one feels for Ren is ever present.

There were definite points of confusion for me, as i thought that Ren had been killed at least twice throughout the time, by his brother Coyote once tricked- spear through the heart, and a 2nd time with poison . I wanted to hear more about the first guardian, and that section was very short, I wanted to know wanted to know more about how the stone that was sent to Katier played into the plot, other then the discussions of the Jaguar in the center of it and the linking of the languages.

It was good to get a touch of Ash, Talon, Uran and Nick (who has not lost his anger), it gave me a warm fuzzy that this was a Dark Hunter novel. I love the references to Ash's hair in this book..so wonderful to see such a bigger then life character pay tribute to the Gods of good fortune.

Overall a big change in the Dark Hunter story lines we have all come to know and love, but then nothing can stay the same, change can be good. It will be interesting to see where the series goes from here, weither it goes back to what we have known or continues on the road of new characters, and myths.

In closing I would not suggest this book as a first read for one not already into the Dark Hunter series, this book is truly for those who have followed the series and understand the Dark Hunter universe.
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Oh dear, its almost becoming like reading a Danielle Steele novel. There was no conflict between the two, she just was the nice person and thought he was hot, so wonderful and fell for him. Granted she had been dreaming about him her whole life, so knew a lot about him. Still it was just a little too simple. I guess I didn't feel enough tension that everything wouldn't work out at the end. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
. ( )
  DuchessofHazard | Nov 29, 2015 |
★★ Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 22 in Dark Hunter Series

This is my least favorite of the entire series. I had high hopes for this book, and I found it to be incredibly lacking. Where is the new info, not in this book. IMO this book is just bits and pieces of the last couple. This book was a major let down. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

Time Untime sets the story about one of the demigod in Darkhunter world, Ren Waya, one of the ancient Guardian and possibly the first Darkhunter. There's another impending apocalypse incoming at the end of the year... (near my 24th birthday) and Kateri's life in danger. Kateri is a geologist who is the last in her line with the power of her ancestor to reset the timeline and thus prevent the onslaught of demonic apocalypse. Ren had to escort her to the temple before the time reached 11:11am on the 21st of December but before the bearer was revealed to him she was kidnapped to a hell dimension and Ren had to rescue her until both found out that they dreamed of each other killing one another for years.... everyday.

The book is a continuation of The Guardian (which can be set aside from the rest of the DH canon and thus a side-series) and most of the time, the author sort of recycled Acheron's story structure and things went very predictable most of the time. The tone of the story was more urban fantasy than paranormal romance despite the traditional pairing which is a pleasing read for me. But I do see the author is tiring herself out trying to do the alpha male and alpha female pairings AGAIN and the same romance AGAIN and a couple of steamy scenes which is quite the same as one of her Kinley Macgregor book. (please just stop)

I might stay reading the series for a couple books but I could only go far in this fandom. Considering I read her book around 2003-2004, so it does make me old right?

The story is set from second point of views of many characters like Teri, Ren and Acheron including Teri's continuous visions about Ren's checkered past as a human born from a warrior leader and a greek goddess.

Because the whole book happen in matter in a couple of hours that the romance part is very unrealistic. But both of them dreamed of each other's past for years. It does make sense about how they have deep connection to one another. But I'm unconvinced until the end of the book.

I do enjoy all the world building around this book especially with Nick popped into the book again. The earlier series focused on Greek storylines with Atlantean and Sumerian pantheons in the mix and with the addition Mayan lore the DarkHunter world really does become a verse within itself. I do enjoy the use of Native American culture into the mix because its something I rarely see anyone use it well enough.

I do hope Sherrilyn focus on her fresh sequels i.e. The Nick Chronicles or let one of these apocalypse unleashed in great scale for once and have one or two book couple die or something. I'd hate to see Sherrilyn Kenyon going to the road Christine Feehan did. Since both of them are sort of the mothers of paranormal romance for me, I dont want to be 30 and wondering why these PNR verse are still dragging on.

Irony that is, I started reading their books when I'm around 16 and I'm looking at the future and it doesnt feel good. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

Kateria Avani is driven by a lifetime of perplexing dreams to Las Vegas, where she meets a compellingly familiar warrior who has returned from the dead to prevent the fulfillment of a prophecy that could end the world.

197 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible