Time Untime (Dark-Hunter) by Sherrilyn…

Time Untime (Dark-Hunter) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Member:twylyghtbay
Title:Time Untime (Dark-Hunter)
Authors:Sherrilyn Kenyon
Info:St. Martin's Press (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 432 pages
Collections:Your library, KENYON SHERRILYN
Rating:*****
Tags:HARDBACK, 1ST EDITION, AUTOGRAPHED

Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon (2012)

Recently added byamdase, rachellimalopes, cjk203, booktart85, bunnyspvb, private library, bloodspite, cass_sanguine

★★ Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 22 in Dark Hunter Series

This is my least favorite of the entire series. I had high hopes for this book, and I found it to be incredibly lacking. Where is the new info, not in this book. IMO this book is just bits and pieces of the last couple. This book was a major let down. ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |

Time Untime sets the story about one of the demigod in Darkhunter world, Ren Waya, one of the ancient Guardian and possibly the first Darkhunter. There's another impending apocalypse incoming at the end of the year... (near my 24th birthday) and Kateri's life in danger. Kateri is a geologist who is the last in her line with the power of her ancestor to reset the timeline and thus prevent the onslaught of demonic apocalypse. Ren had to escort her to the temple before the time reached 11:11am on the 21st of December but before the bearer was revealed to him she was kidnapped to a hell dimension and Ren had to rescue her until both found out that they dreamed of each other killing one another for years.... everyday.

The book is a continuation of The Guardian (which can be set aside from the rest of the DH canon and thus a side-series) and most of the time, the author sort of recycled Acheron's story structure and things went very predictable most of the time. The tone of the story was more urban fantasy than paranormal romance despite the traditional pairing which is a pleasing read for me. But I do see the author is tiring herself out trying to do the alpha male and alpha female pairings AGAIN and the same romance AGAIN and a couple of steamy scenes which is quite the same as one of her Kinley Macgregor book. (please just stop)

I might stay reading the series for a couple books but I could only go far in this fandom. Considering I read her book around 2003-2004, so it does make me old right?

The story is set from second point of views of many characters like Teri, Ren and Acheron including Teri's continuous visions about Ren's checkered past as a human born from a warrior leader and a greek goddess.

Because the whole book happen in matter in a couple of hours that the romance part is very unrealistic. But both of them dreamed of each other's past for years. It does make sense about how they have deep connection to one another. But I'm unconvinced until the end of the book.

I do enjoy all the world building around this book especially with Nick popped into the book again. The earlier series focused on Greek storylines with Atlantean and Sumerian pantheons in the mix and with the addition Mayan lore the DarkHunter world really does become a verse within itself. I do enjoy the use of Native American culture into the mix because its something I rarely see anyone use it well enough.

I do hope Sherrilyn focus on her fresh sequels i.e. The Nick Chronicles or let one of these apocalypse unleashed in great scale for once and have one or two book couple die or something. I'd hate to see Sherrilyn Kenyon going to the road Christine Feehan did. Since both of them are sort of the mothers of paranormal romance for me, I dont want to be 30 and wondering why these PNR verse are still dragging on.

Irony that is, I started reading their books when I'm around 16 and I'm looking at the future and it doesnt feel good. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Listened/Read for Fun (Audible/Kindle)
Overall Rating: 4.25
Story Rating: 4.00
Character Rating: 4.50

Audio Rating: 4.50 (not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: I swear there has been a resurgence in the newest Dark Hunter books that I am totally on-board with!

Story Thoughts: History, Science, Hot Man, Smart Woman, Explosive Action, and HUMOR = Total Win! Seriously, I enjoyed this story so darn much from beginning to end. I like when a character has to overcome their beliefs to get to the truth. Also, usually not a fan of epilogues with huge time jumps but in this case it really, really worked :)

Character Thoughts: Oh how I loved Kateri and Ren! First, their names are just so freaking cool. Second, their back stories are made of amazing. I really am falling in love with the world again and that always happens through the characters. I know that there are people mentioned in this story that I hope we get to see a lot of in the future!

Audio Thoughts:

Narrated By Holter Graham / Length: 10 hrs and 20 mins

Holter knocked it out of the park again! I am just a fan of his narration of stories and he has a particular knack for action. He keeps you on the edge of your seat by pacing the authors work excellently. Highly recommend his narration when you come across it!

Final Thoughts: STYX! What I can't wait! ( )
  thehistorychic | Jul 3, 2013 |
This and other reviews can be found on my blog : (un)Conventional Bookviews.

Book 17 in one of my favorite series was quite different from the rest of the books in some ways, and very similar in others. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |

Kateria Avani is driven by a lifetime of perplexing dreams to Las Vegas, where she meets a compellingly familiar warrior who has returned from the dead to prevent the fulfillment of a prophecy that could end the world.

549 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,894,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible