Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon

by Anna Banks

Series: Of Poseidon (1)

I thought it had a good concept, but was not executed very well. The character build up kind of stopped when the insta-love part appeared? In my opinion, when they met and it was all tingle tingle meant-to-be-together-forever, it got really boring and lacking? He kind of stalks her as well, and I didn't really like how he's kind of all powerful? Like he has unlimited money, a women who literally does everything for him even though the main character, Emma, would have surely made a restraining order by this point. Personally I didn't enjoy it, not to say that other people shouldn't. ( )
  Slape | Apr 18, 2019 |
This was a fast and fun read. The ending makes me want to read the next book in the series. ( )
  cassie.peters1 | Nov 1, 2018 |
This one got me reading for 3 straight hours in the early morning. Damn; wild ride, not over by a longshot though.

Emma isn't normal, she has always known this. Her hair is almost white, her skin is almost alabaster, her eyes are violet. And then there was that time on the beach...

Give The Syrena Legacy a read. ( )
  thebacklistbook | Mar 20, 2018 |
I really enjoyed this book, especially once it picked up a bit and got more into the depth of the story. I really liked the characters and the mythology and I can't wait to see where this all goes in books two and three! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
I appreciate the author's attempt to go out on stylistic limb, but the alternating first-person/third-person limited format was just disorienting and didn't serve much of a purpose--unless the purpose was to distance the reader from Galen (the male protagonist).

And can we please get a female protagonist that doesn't portray her "individuality" by being so stubborn that she puts her life in danger when defying her controlling boyfriend's orders? ( )
  aquaorbis | Nov 1, 2017 |

Anna Banksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gibel, RebeccaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Galen, prince of the Syrena, is sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. He finds Emma and after several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, Galen becomes convinced Emma holds the key to his kingdom.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,747,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible