A Is for . . . ?: A Photographer's…

A Is for . . . ?: A Photographer's Alphabet of Animals

by Henry Horenstein

This is another great interactive book. This book has real photos of different animals close up. It allows your students to guess what animal is what. At the end of the book it tell you the answer to what the animals are. It also answers the book title....A is for...? Answers ( )
  lsalone | Apr 18, 2018 |
This is a wordless book. The pages are filled with beautiful, real photographs of animals. Each page has a letter of the alphabet and a corresponding animal that goes with the letter. The back of the book has a list of which animal goes with which letter and the whole name of the animals. This is another interactive book where the children will have to pull from their previous knowledge in order to guess what each animal is. ( )
  syd_neylol | Apr 10, 2018 |
I loved this book, so interesting. Each page is for a letter, paired with a close-up picture of something in the wild that begins with that letter. Some pictures are more obvious than others, but my students had a great time trying to figure it out. We are in the review part of the year, with only 3 weeks of school left, so this book was a great addition. We've been talking about plants, living things and farming, so an animal book was appropriate. They also had fun looking at the book independently during centers.

The photography in this book was black and white, which I found to be an interesting choice. I am not sure which would have been better, but I assume the decision to use black and white was not to give away too much. It's important to mention that this book is void of text, outside of the letter on each page. This leaves the book very open-ended, which is always a positive aspect. This allows for an interactive read aloud.
  mdhoward | Apr 26, 2015 |
Great way to teach younger children to identify animals. Would work wonderful to tie this book into a trip to the zoo. Its a great way to increase vocabulary. ( )
1 vote Kcarline143 | Jan 26, 2012 |
Close-up photos of animals. Great for guessing and teaching new words.
  scducharme | Oct 3, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0152015825, Hardcover)

In this sophisticated alphabet book, each letter serves as a clue to the identity of the animal pictured in a dazzling photographic puzzle. Seen from startling perspectives, familiar creatures are made fantastical, and readers of all ages are sure to be guessing what they are--all the way to Z! A key at the back of the book provides answers to the visual puzzles, and a photographer’s note details the techniques photographer and teacher Henry Horenstein employed to capture these unforgettable sepia-toned images.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:47 -0400)

With the letters of the alphabet as clues, readers are challenged to guess the identity of the animals pictured in the photographs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible