The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children:…

The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children: Parenting from the Heart

by Steven W. Vannoy

This book is based on a great concept: interest-based mediation in parenting (although not said in so many words). How do you convince a child to express her needs, think about them and accept a compromise or different solution? How do you engage in calm dialogue? How do you support and not give in to demands? All of these questions and more are answered clearly and simply with many concrete examples. In this sense, the first part is great. The second is based on values, which is already a touchier subject, and while most of them are worthwhile, they are treated superficially if not inadequately. The main thorn for me was the shameless self-promotion: what kind of book starts with a mission statement? One that will promote seminars throughout! It got tiresome and greatly contributed to my disenchantment in the end. This said, the first part is definitely worth a read. ( )
  Cecilturtle | Oct 29, 2009 |
To the children of the world, our purpose and our promise.
Recently, many American leaders have helped raise our collective awareness that our families and organizations are in so much trouble.

Expanding on the ideas presented in his enormously popular Denver-area seminars, Steven Vannoy shows how parents can bestow the enduring gifts of internal commitment, responsibility, self-esteem, compassion, and integrity on their children.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,995,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible