The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of…

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (original 2005; edition 2004)

by Christopher Moore

Member:ST-B
Title:The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:William Morrow (2005), Edition: Enhanced, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Already Read, Owned, Favorites
Rating:*****

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, with Bonus Material by Christopher Moore (2005)

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (sturlington)
    sturlington: Character cross-overs.
    Another Fine Myth by Robert Asprin (Death_By_Papercut)
    Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi (FFortuna)
    FFortuna: Stupidest Angel is a Christmas book and further on the spectrum of craziness, but the two have similar types of humor. The movie star in Agent to the Stars also reminds me a bit of Molly Michon from Stupidest Angel.
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)

English (77)  Portuguese (1)  English (78)
Be careful what you wish for...especially if a Christmas angel is listening. It may grant it, but since angels don't get out much and have no real understanding of, well, anything, what you get may not be what you wanted. This short holiday tale is characteristic of Christopher Moore. It's full of juvenile humor of the 'adult' variety (by which I do not mean that it's intelligent or sophisticated or subtle). The cast of characters displays a wide range of dysfunctional personalities, from the pot-smoking constable to his wife, a former B movie fantasy warrior queen who has a tighter grip on her sword than she does on reality. And, of course, all are still plagued by the evolutionary drive that hits us like a speeding truck as we cross the metaphorical highway of puberty. They are characters to laugh at but not characters to empathize with. It's a bit more than pure slapstick, though. There is an underlying hint of social commentary about popular culture that points at it and laughs, but does so without further comment or criticism. It's just the way things are. That's us. Silly, aren't we? ( )
  DLMorrese | Oct 14, 2016 |
This is the Christmas book for the Walmart shopper in all of us. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
Christopher Moore is fast becoming one of my favourite authors. His writing is quirky and laugh out loud funny. ( )
  anglophile65 | Mar 8, 2016 |
If you have ever read a Christopher Moore book, you know his stories aren't typical. And this definitely is not your typical Christmas story. That is unless a talking fruit bat wearing Ray-Bans, zombies, murder, and a a few crazy people sprinkled in is your idea of a regular Christmas story.

I loved this book. Had me laughing out loud in parts. This is my second Moore book and I couldn't put it down. It did not disappoint. Perhaps not the right book for everyone, can be raunchy at points and foul language is found pretty often. Definitely the book for me. With my busy life lately, having the fun-paced book was exactly what I needed, even if it was a little late for the Christmas season readings. ( )
  UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
Read by Tony Roberts. Hilarious! If you love the joys and traditions of Christmas, this will be too skeevy for you. But if you're feeling a bit jaded about the holidays, this is your antidote...or affirmation! ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
This book is dedicated to Mike Spradlin who said: "You know, you oughtta write a Christmas book." To which I replied: "What kind of Christmas book?" To which he replied: "I don't know. Maybe Christmas in Pine Cove or something." To which I replied: "'Kay"
Christmas crept into Pine Cove like a creeping Christmas thing: dragging garland, ribbon, and sleigh bells, oozing eggnog, reeking of pine, and threatening festive doom like a cold sore under the mistletoe.
Christopher Moore's "enhanced" Version 2.0 (ISBN No. 0060842350) was published in the U.S. as a hardcover with red dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2005), and includes a short story that doesn't appear in the 2004 original. The original edition (ISBN No. 0060590254), published in the U.S. as a hardcover with pale yellow dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2004), only contains the original novel. The Kindle Edition (2011) is described as having "Bonus Material." Please do not combine these editions, except where they have the same content.
Christopher Moore's original novel (ISBN No. 0060590254), published in the U.S. as a hardcover with pale yellow dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2004). The "enhanced" Version 2.0 (ISBN No. 0060842350), published in the U.S. as a hardcover with red dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2005), includes a short story that doesn't appear in the 2004 original. The Kindle Edition (2011) is described as having "Bonus Material." Please do not combine these editions, except where they have the same content.

'Twas the night (okay, more like the week) before Christmas, and all through the tiny community of Pine Cove, California, people are busy buying, wrapping, packing, and generally getting into the holiday spirit.

But not everybody is feeling the joy. Little Joshua Barker is in desperate need of a holiday miracle. No, he's not on his deathbed; no, his dog hasn't run away from home. But Josh is sure that he saw Santa take a shovel to the head, and now the seven-year-old has only one prayer: Please, Santa, come back from the dead.

But hold on! There's an angel waiting in the wings. (Wings, get it?) It's none other than the Archangel Raziel come to Earth seeking a small child with a wish that needs granting. Unfortunately, our angel's not sporting the brightest halo in the bunch, and before you can say "Kris Kringle," he's botched his sacred mission and sent the residents of Pine Cove headlong into Christmas chaos, culminating in the most hilarious and horrifying holiday party the town has ever seen.

Move over, Charles Dickens -- it's Christopher Moore time.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:52 -0400)

A humorous tale of what happens when a none-too-clever angel overhears a little boy, who, having witnessed Santa taking a shovel to the head, prays for Santa to return from the dead.

167 wanted2 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,691,751 books! | Top bar: Always visible