The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of…

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (original 2005; edition 2004)

by Christopher Moore

2,097None3,178 (3.77)29
Member:ST-B
Title:The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror
Authors:Christopher Moore
Info:William Morrow (2005), Edition: Enhanced, Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Your library, Already Read, Owned, Favorites
Rating:*****

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (Version 2.0) by Christopher Moore (2005)

(7) Angel (10) angels (38) audiobook (7) California (15) Christmas (138) Christopher Moore (16) comedy (33) ebook (13) fantasy (63) fiction (190) funny (13) hardcover (12) holidays (14) horror (25) humor (214) humorous (8) Humorous fiction (9) Kindle (8) murder (9) novel (8) own (7) Pine Cove (14) read (40) religion (10) satire (18) to-read (44) unread (14) wishlist (6) zombies (90)
    Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (sturlington)
    sturlington: Character cross-overs.
    Another Fine Myth by Robert Asprin (Death_By_Papercut)
    The Haunted Tea-Cosy: A Dispirited and Distasteful Diversion for Christmas by Edward Gorey (sturlington)
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)

English (64)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (65)
This was my first Christopher Moore book and I really didnt expect to like it. Surprise! It was a quick read and it made me chuckle... made me smirk.. made me smile. I'm sure it won't appeal to everyone but I enjoyed it. ( )
  CaliSoleil | Mar 5, 2014 |
If you're going to read it, get this version with the bonus chapter. Totally worth it. ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Feb 14, 2014 |
This was a fun read for the holidays. A lot of funny moments and characters. However, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did Bloodsucking Fiends, which I read way back. I was expecting the same level of enjoyment, so I was slightly disappointed, but still, I liked the book overall. ( )
  thioviolight | Feb 4, 2014 |
I absolutely love Christopher Moore's writing. I seriously read this book this afternoon, and found myself alone...laughing like a crazy person (no narrator involved, for those of you who have read the book).

Hysterical read about Christmastime in Monterey, CA. Big storm, an angel, some dead people talking, and some really messed up living people as well. Oh yeah, and don't forget the bat wearing Ray Ban sunglasses. Sounds like a Moore book to me!

Fun read! ( )
  salgalruns | Apr 6, 2013 |
Brings characters together from Pracitical Demonkeeping, Lust Lizard, and Island of the Sequined Love Nun. Nothing says Christmas like zombies! ( )
  ElizabethConard | Apr 5, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to Mike Spradlin who said: "You know, you oughtta write a Christmas book." To which I replied: "What kind of Christmas book?" To which he replied: "I don't know. Maybe Christmas in Pine Cove or something." To which I replied: "'Kay"
Christmas crept into Pine Cove like a creeping Christmas thing: dragging garland, ribbon, and sleigh bells, oozing eggnog, reeking of pine, and threatening festive doom like a cold sore under the mistletoe.
This LT Work is Christopher Moore's "enhanced" Version 2.0 (ISBN No. 0060842350), published in the U.S. as a hardcover with red dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2005), which includes a short story that doesn't appear in the 2004 original. Unless Christopher Moore knows something he's not telling, the original edition (ISBN No. 0060590254), published in the U.S. as a hardcover with pale yellow dust jacket by William Morrow, NY (2004), only contains the original novel. Please do not combine the two.

'Twas the night (okay, more like the week) before Christmas, and all through the tiny community of Pine Cove, California, people are busy buying, wrapping, packing, and generally getting into the holiday spirit.

But not everybody is feeling the joy. Little Joshua Barker is in desperate need of a holiday miracle. No, he's not on his deathbed; no, his dog hasn't run away from home. But Josh is sure that he saw Santa take a shovel to the head, and now the seven-year-old has only one prayer: Please, Santa, come back from the dead.

But hold on! There's an angel waiting in the wings. (Wings, get it?) It's none other than the Archangel Raziel come to Earth seeking a small child with a wish that needs granting. Unfortunately, our angel's not sporting the brightest halo in the bunch, and before you can say "Kris Kringle," he's botched his sacred mission and sent the residents of Pine Cove headlong into Christmas chaos, culminating in the most hilarious and horrifying holiday party the town has ever seen.

Move over, Charles Dickens -- it's Christopher Moore time.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:57 -0400)

A humorous tale of what happens when a none-too-clever angel overhears a little boy, who, having witnessed Santa taking a shovel to the head, prays for Santa to return from the dead.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,472,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible