Bound by Law by SE Jakes

Bound by Law (original 2011; edition 2011)

by SE Jakes

Member:solanges
Title:Bound by Law
Authors:SE Jakes
Info:Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (2011), Kindle Edition
Tags:2011

Bound by Law by SE Jakes (2011)

2011 (1) adult (1) bdsm (1) bluefire (1) calibre (1) crime (1) dnf (1) ebook (5) fiction (3) gay (2) gay men (1) Gay sex (1) genre-romance (1) gsckindle (1) kindle (2) LCSH in comments (1) library loan (1) lust (1) m-m-romance (3) m/m (6) military (2) mm (1) mom (1) owned (1) read (2) SM (1) threesome (2) time-contemporary (1) to-read (12) up-next (1)

This book was full of flaws - from the confusingly jumping POVs, impossible bed acrobatics, confusing the names of the MCs to the WTF story moments - but nevertheless I enjoyed this book, more so than the first book in the series. 2.5 stars. ( )
  NannyOgg13 | May 26, 2018 |
Currently re-reading. Originally read in 2011. Review shortly. ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
3.75-4 stars. Really enjoyed this book. My only niggle would be that sometimes it was very confusing on who was speaking or doing something. But I absolutely loved Paulo! He's really the one who makes it all work. And it didn't have as much angst as I was expecting it to. Oh, and the smex was smokin' hot!

Great continuation of the series though. Hoping we get Tomcat's story next! ( )
  vampkiss | Oct 23, 2013 |
DNF at 50%, so I won't rate.

This might contain spoiler.

This m/m/m "romance" is about three tough guys (CIA/Delta/Cop) who are on the run from the big bad Daddy of the CIA guy. And while on the run, CIA and Delta, who have been lovers since teenage years (on/off) re-connect and also include the Cop (new lover of the Delta). Could have been good, could have been hot. Was neither.

The three tough guys were cursing alot when they were not busy either f***ing or talking about their troubled past and their tender feelings like 13-year-old girls at a slumber party.
So not realistic. So not sexy. Partly it felt like a competition who had the shi*iest childhood/youth and everybody was sharing and getting the healing from f***ing (including 4 O's in once scene for the Cop, if I counted that right...).

What I missed most was any kind of believable or realistic character. They felt all like cliched alpha types with the "sensitivity" of bad M/f romance. This doesn't sound like real human beings talking. No real feelings, no real story. Therefore it was boring to me.

As I only read the first half it is absolutely possible, that it improves later on.

If you want a good m/m on the run story, I can recommend [b:Zero at the Bone|6382879|Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone, #1)|Jane Seville|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1239008011s/6382879.jpg|6570901] or for good m/m/m [b:Dark Horse|8262408|Dark Horse (Dark Horse, #1)|Kate Sherwood|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348228294s/8262408.jpg|13110316] or good tough guys with military and trauma [b:Special Forces - Soldiers|7842653|Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)|Marquesate|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1268851627s/7842653.jpg|10939227]
1 vote Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |
added by gsc55 | editPrism Book Alliance, Caroline (Mar 28, 2015)

After the one man he trusted disappeared, it took Law Connor ten years to take a chance on another relationship. Trouble is, right about the time he's finally ready to let go of the past, the past stages a hostile takeover. Back when they were teens, Styx was the boy with no memory. He and Law had each other's backs until he was forced to leave to keep Law safe. Now a CIA agent, he's finally discovered who he is, and why he's a hunted man. Detective Paulo McMannus has almost succeeded in helping Law forget his lost love when Styx comes plowing back into their lives. No way is Paulo giving up his lover without a fight. Suddenly Law finds himself on the run with Styx, the man who can still bring him to his knees...and with Paulo, the man who brought him back to life. The worst part? He can't choose between them. And it's getting harder to remember why he should.… (more)

Stephanie Tyler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,756,946 books! | Top bar: Always visible