Gabby, God's Little Angel by Sheila…

Gabby, God's Little Angel

by Sheila Walsh

NCLA Review: Gabby is a guardian angel in training. Her first assignment is Sophie, who really needs a lot of protection. Sophie likes to climb trees and soon will be riding her new pony called Glitter. Gabby quickly learns that the job of being a guardian angel can be very challenging. This really is a sweet story, written for little ones. It is nicely illustrated. Preschool-2nd grade. Rating: 4 —MMW ( )
  ncla | Mar 13, 2012 |
Gabby has a big job! She's a guardian angel who has to watch over a girl who needs lots and lots of attention. This is a big job for one little angel, but Gabby knows she can do it. She's going to make sure that her charge knows that she is watched over and that God loves her.

This book is adorable! The story is told with wonderful joy and enthusiasm. The illustrations are bright and beautiful. Not only is Gabby a very fun character, but she brings a very important message. This book will definitely appeal to young girls. Not only will they want to keep up with Gabby, but they will also learn that God does love them and watch over them always. This book would be a great gift for young girls. I hope to see more adventures of Gabby. I can tell she's got a lot to teach us all!

Book provided for review. ( )
  l_manning | Sep 26, 2011 |
Gabby God’s Little Angel
Sheila Walsh
Illustrated by Marina Fedotova

Gabby is a clumsy little guardian angel in training. She is ready to get her first assignment, Sophie who is a little girl who needs lots of protection, one of the main jobs of a guardian angel. Fearless Sophie is off to ride a pony and Gabby is right there to talk to the pony to let him know how much God loves Sophie and wants the pony to ride safely. Out of sight, Gabby is right there to help when the pony gets scared and Sophie is nearly thrown off. Sophie realizes that night that God must have been protecting her, and Mom reminds her of the Bible and how God says he will have his angels watching over us.

Adorable, girlie book! The illustrations are just darling, and Gabby is an angel you would want to hug! I love how Sheila Walsh took the subject of guardian angels and made it feel like a reality for young ones. Though we can’t see them, God has angels all around us to protect us. Just the book little girls can read to learn more about angels and how God uses them to show his love for us.

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson in exchange for an honest review ( )
  MelanieSki | Sep 9, 2011 |
This sweet, sweet children's book by Sheila Walsh gives life and a visual interpretation to Psalm 91:11. Gabby is a guardian angel in training on her first assignment. She is sent to help protect a little girl named Sophie who is a fearless, spontaneous little girl after Gabby's own heart. Gabby takes her job to protect the one's that the Lord loves very seriously and she rises to the challenge.

Little girls will love the glittering, bright, and colorful illustrations throughout this story. They exude the sweetness and innocence of children and portray funloving children with angels watching over them. What a wonderful story to bring God's promise in Psalm 91:11 to life for little ones!

Thanks to booksneeze.com for a copy of this book to review. I was not required to write a positive review. ( )
  TammyPhillips | Sep 9, 2011 |

Assigned to protect a young girl, guardian angel-in-training Gabby realizes her new assignment will be a bigger challenge than she expected.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,168,451 books! | Top bar: Always visible