Once Touched, Never Forgotten by Natasha…

Once Touched, Never Forgotten

by Natasha Tate

Reviewed by Desere
Review copy provided by author
Colette and Stephen have the prefect relationship, no relationship at all except being bed partners. They have a mutual understanding that neither one will ever want more from the other than what they already have NO WEDDING BELLS and certainly not ever any children!!

All goes well until Colette realizes she has lost her heart to this man and loves him like no other, but goes along with the relationship just to be with him, that is until she unexpectedly overhears a conversation where Stephen's family in no uncertain terms lay out the family rules, do not get involved with a gold digger - she will be your downfall. She also overhears Stephen saying he might be involved with her but he is not planning on marrying her, basically she is just the woman who warms his bed at night.

Fast forward five years into the future and we find Colette working at the Renaissance in New York to make ends meet. She loves her job as pastry chef, but more than anything she loves her little girl Emma, her one and only true precious gift from Stephen, one he does not and she swears never will know about.

But Stephan has other plans, after purchasing the establishment from Colette's boss he quickly discovers his new employee is the very same woman who dared to walk away from him before he had finished with her!

But here we get to the interesting twist in the book. Colette's secret is revealed and the tables turn, she refuses to let him just waltz in and take over, she believes he will ruin Emma's life as how can a man who never wanted to be a father in the first place ever be one now.

And so unfolds the tale of a forbidden relationship, unexpected pregnancy and untold family secrets that threaten to destroy the lives of Colette, Stephen and Emma. The book is certainly not your average romance. The book shows Colette as a strong independent I will take no nonsense heroine with Stephen on the other side being the only hero that can tempt her into surrender.

I loved every second of the book, it has everything you can ask for from a romance novel, but interestingly after only a few sentences grabs your attention in such a compelling manner that I read it in one sitting and I was disappointed when the story ended. The book was so good that I got the feeling that I wanted to know more about the characters (not that the author does not give us more than enough to work with) but the story was so good that I would have liked it to keep going for one or two chapters longer. But I suppose that happens when a really excellent book comes ones way.

The deep and dark family secrets also add for a very interesting twist, learning the truth reveals so much more and gives true insight into the characters and what their relationship needs to go up against to survive. This is the second book by the author Natasha Tate, she has a fresh and new way of taking a typical romance story and changing it into a dramatic read. She is definitely the author to look out for and I expect lots of fantastic new reads to come her desk. ( )
  RtB | Mar 20, 2012 |

"Super-exec Stephen Whitfield and high-flying colleague Colette Huntington both understand the rules of their attraction. One: it will never be anything more than a fling. Two: either can walk away at any time they wish. Only, Colette hasn't counted on walking away pregnant. And, to Stephen's frustration, after Colette other women don't seem to provide quite the same satisfaction. Now Stephen's going to lay down some new rules-rules that will most definitely give him the opportunity to indulge his craving for Colette once more"-- Cover verso.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,394,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible