My Cat Loki Volume 1 by Bettina M. Kurkoski

My Cat Loki Volume 1

by Bettina M. Kurkoski

animals (1) artists (1) Box 9 (1) cats (9) children's (1) comic (1) contemporary (1) fantasy (4) favorite covers (1) fiction (2) graphic novel (8) graphic novels (2) Loki (1) manga (20) meh (1) mine (1) My Cat Loki (2) OEL (4) own (1) read (3) read in 2006 (1) romance (2) signed (3) slice of life (1) strip (1) to-read (1) Tokyopop (5) unread (1) weird (1) YA (1)

I met the author at the Massachusetts Library Association conference this year. From what she said, it's somewhat autobiographical, what with the death of a loved pet, and artist plot points.

I liked it enough to want to read the second one. ( )
  sonyagreen | May 21, 2008 |
Ok, I gotta tell ya, I LOVED this book and will definitely get the other 2 planned volumes - I actually already have them on pre-order, or at least volume 2. If you have cats or have lived with cats you will most definitely want to pick this one up . The creator has to be intimately acquainted with cats as she's really captured the essence of cat..she really understands them. The story is beautifully rendered and Loki is absolutely adorable. At first I was leary about this book as I'd seen some of the catboy references but she does such a good job of using the catboy Loki as a tool to get the message across of what cat Loki is feeling. I just can't recommend this one highly enough...really...go buy it! So yes, definitely cute animals, not so much hot guys. ( )
  kschlumpf | Mar 25, 2008 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,046,992 books! | Top bar: Always visible