Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams

Interesting issue and I normally love her books. This book did have her usual hopeful outlook on a life struck with tragedy, but something didn't set as well with me on this one... ( )
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
  Jen.ODriscoll.Lemon | Jan 23, 2016 |
London struggles with lots of question after the death of her brother. Was it her fault? Her parents? His girlfriends? Her parents are dealing with the grief in their own way, many of her classmates either do not know how to talk to her or have moved on and London feels left out and alone. Then she struggles with which boy does she choose - the one she was dating who is also her brother's best friend or someone new who has no reminders of her brother. ( )
  TeamDewey | Feb 13, 2014 |
I liked the basic storyline and characters--but could have done without the religious overtones from all sides--and a little too predictable. ( )
  bibliofile55 | Apr 9, 2013 |
Have you ever come across a book that you just know you're not going to like, even after having read only a small portion of it? For me, Waiting is one of those books. There have been some novels in verse that have been able to help me forget that I really don't care for poetry, but this was not one of them. Combine that with the additions of a love triangle (do not like)and the rather over-done subject matter of death and grief made me very quickly decide that this was not the book for me.
  Cailiosa | Apr 5, 2013 |
Cliched. So cliched. The whole thing. Me sitting there, like I'm minding my own business. Eating a cheese sandwich from home. Just the right amount of mayonnaise. Swallowing, yes. But having a hard time with it. Like there's a fist blocking my throat.

As the tragic death of her older brother devastates the family, teenaged London struggles to find redemption and finds herself torn between her brother's best friend and a handsome new boy in town.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,728,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible