Then Again by Diane Keaton

Then Again

by Diane Keaton

319None35,200 (3.29)19

While Then Again includes autobiographical detail and, for the most part, follows a roughly chronological structure, Keaton does play a lot with the form. Pulling in excerpts from her mother’s volumes of personal journals and setting them alongside her own narrative, she looks for their similarities, notes their differences, and works through the ways in which her close, complicated family shaped the person she became. Letters, lists, and dramatic scenes are also part of Then Again, and the whole is a reflective, deeply personal, surprisingly engaging document.

MORE: http://www.3rsblog.com/2013/09/audiobook-talk-then-again-diane-keaton.html ( )
  Florinda | Sep 24, 2013 |
I don't think I know Keaton any better, but the book gave me a lot to think about concerning Mothers/Daughters/Aging Gracefully. ( )
  Elpaca | May 1, 2013 |
hard to say why she loved her mom so much. don't know why i couldn't give this more stars. ( )
  mahallett | Dec 9, 2012 |
Why do people who are wonderful in one field always think they can be wonderful in others?
I love you, Diane Keaton, but I love you in movies. In the future, I ask that you please stay away from writing implements and tablets of paper.
I’ve never been one to seek out celebrity bios and I made an exception for you, Diane, and I should not have.
My two cents: Spend your twenty bucks on a Diane Keaton video rather than this book. You’ll be happier for it. ( )
1 vote debnance | Sep 2, 2012 |
Sweet, sentimental, and inspirational. Actress and movie producer, Diane Keaton's uniquely formatted biography is an endearing and insightful look at her life and all our lives in general. The combination of her mother's writing of her and Diane's own interpretive narative of herself, her mother and father's life and others makes for an intriguing, unusual and worthwhile read. There is some remarkable stuff in this book worth discussing with other readers. ( )
  MarthaL | Jul 23, 2012 |
I always say my life is this familiy, and that's the truth. Dorothy Deanne Keaton Hall
To my City of Women: Stephanie Heaton, Sandra Shadic, Lindsay Dwelley. Plus two men: David Ebershoff and Bill Clegg. They know why.
Mom loved adages, quotes, slogans.

The award-winning actress documents her rise from an everyday girl to an acclaimed performer while exploring her defining relationship with her mother and how their shared and separate dreams influenced their experiences.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,456,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible