Magic Graves (2-in-1) by Ilona Andrews

I worship the paper Ilona Andrews writes on, so Kate's prequel was superb and my sole reason for reading this. The Cat & Bones short was mediocre and had plot holes. I coulda lived without it.

If you love Kate Daniels like I do, def read this. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
The volume is just a collection of two short novella and several excerpts from the author's books. I pick this up since I haven't read the first novella of Ilona Andrews' Kate Daniels series but I've read all Edge series so the rest of the excerpts are quite unnecessary. I've read Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost but even with the Nighthuntress's snipets, I don't think I want to pick up the series. Jeanine's storytelling with first POVs is nowhere near to the Andrews. Besides her novella is too cliched. Cat are nowhere comparable to Miss Kate Daniels. Even without Curran in the novella, its enough with just Kate in it. I simply don't care about Cat and Bones and neither do I care about the rich girl they were hired out of their vacation to protect.

Full review to come. Ramadhan is simply not a good month for reviewing. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
This has a Night Huntress that occurs after book 4. It is a very short story about Cat and Bones guarding and then two teaser chapters, 1 for her spin off Once Burned and 1 of a novella in a duology with Lynsay Sands. The full short story is a very quick read and is pretty good. I don't general read teaser chapters but the novella occurs after book 5 and has spoilers, argh. I started it a stopped when I realized that someone hadn't died yet.

The Ilona Andrews story is 60% of the book and is, as usual, excellent. Can be read out of order because it is a pre-courser to the Kate Daniels story and happens before the first book.

It is the story of how Kate met Saiman. Very good, very telling. I love Saiman. Loved the story. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
A Questionable Client ( )
  Aelianna | Jun 5, 2013 |
The short story about Cat and Bones was rather pointless and the end didn't make much sense and wasn't explained any further.
The short story about Kate Daniels was ok.
What annoyed me a bit was, that half of the book was teaser for other books by the authors - might be interesting for readers who haven't read them yet, but for me it was disappointing that half of the book was promo for other books. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |

Andrews, IlonaContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frost, JeanieneContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
I squinted in the morning sunlight.

New York Times bestselling authors Jeaniene Frost and Ilona Andrews bring you two short stories of paranormal.

Jeaniene Frost's story, One For the Money, features vampires Cat and Bones trying to protect a spoiled heiress with a price on her head and an undead hitman on her trail. Previously published in Death's Excellent Vacation. Also includes the first three chapters from Jeaniene's story in The Bite Before Christmas anthology, as well as a sneak peak at ONCE BURNED, the first novel in the new Night Prince series.

Ilona Andrews story, A Questionable Client, is a prequel to her award-winning Kate Daniels series. In a world beset by magic waves, Kate Daniels works as a mercenary. She is tired, hungry, and there is foul-smelling blood on her boots. All she wants to do is to go home, but when Mercenary Guild offers her a job she can't refuse, she find herself protecting a man against Russian wizards. Previously published in Dark and Stormy Knights. Also includes first two chapters of FATE'S EDGE, book 3 in the Edge series, and first two chapters of Magic Grieves, a Kate Daniels novella.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,932,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible