Denibus Ar by Chris Turner

Denibus Ar

by Chris Turner

The author descriptive scene places the reader right alongside Chris Langley as his leads an archeological dig uncovering the unusual six-sided pyramid. The story clearly illustrated the dichotomy between the need to seek knowledge and sites are forever changed or destroyed during the excavation. Hidden passages, unbelievable treasures, and ancient spirits make this an entertaining adventure. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jul 3, 2016 |
It was okay. It was way better than Mr. Turner's short story anthology. It was more engaging and I think I had more connection with the characters than his other stories. However, I was quite expecting it to be a horror novel but it was not. I guess it was supposed to be a suspense-thriller novel but I am still waiting to be suspended and thrilled. The book was very much anti-climactic, a bit of a let down, a disappointment thus the 3 stars. (BTW, I got this book for free in return for a review). ( )
  krizia_lazaro | May 18, 2016 |
Wordy archeological adventure following a group opening an unknown tomb. If you can get past the first couple of chapters it is a pretty good read. The story does pick up speed and become a decent thriller type story and other than the beginnng being so slow this was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon in the sun. ( )
  Scoshie | Mar 20, 2013 |
A Highly Detailed Egyptian Adventure

I received this book as a LibraryThings' Member Giveaway free e-book from the author, Chris Turner.

I would classify Denibus Ar as an Archeological Adventure set in Egypt. We follow archaeologist, Chris Langley, and a cast of characters, including Goldie, the Siamese cat, as they try to uncover the mystery surrounding the tomb they are investigating.

The beginning third of Denibus Ar is very slow, and I was initially overwhelmed by the author's eye for detail and minutiae. Once past that point, the actual adventure moved along and kept my attention.

I found most of the characters thinly drawn and rather stereotypical, like something you'd find in a graphic novel. Many of the passages read in a visual manner as well, and with so much detailed description that the plot seemed lost at times.

Some of the prose and use of language felt contrived to me, and ultimately detracted from my enjoyment of the novel (example: "Too early it was for beer.....")

Overall, Denibus Ar was a fairly interesting read about an incredibly interesting topic. ( )
  Zumbanista | Jul 23, 2012 |
If you like reading about ancient Egypt, the Queens and Kings of long ago, their riches and their treasures, buried with them in pyramids, the archaeologists who long to discover them and the thieves who try to steal everything, then you will like this story.

Travel along with Carl Langley, a group of others and a mysterious cat who have discovered a six-sided pyramid and the maze like passages underneath. Some things are better left alone and the most evil sometimes get what they deserve.

Extremely descriptive, you feel as if you are in the desert with the heat, sun and sand, and the deep, dark tunnels of the numerous passages of the unique pyramid. Would definitely recommend to others. ( )
  sewolf0310 | May 16, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chris Turner's book Denibus Ar was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chris Turner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible