Fantastic Realms by Chris Turner

Fantastic Realms

by Chris Turner

1912537,190 (3.04)None

i've received this book for free in return of a review. I gave this book 2 stars because it took me 3 months to finish it. To give credit to Mr. Turner, he is a good writer. The problem was the stories were a bit dragging and the plot did not offer anything new. i've felt that I've read them all before with different names and some difference in the plots but generally the same. ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Apr 25, 2016 |
I received this book in exchange for an honest review. This is a collection of short stories that might have been better as full stories if only to give you a chance to understand the lingo and the characters. I found myself struggling with the names of people and places even though the stories were well written. Each story gets better and better. They were quite enjoyable even though I was sometimes lost in translation ( )
  thicks | Aug 18, 2015 |
Enjoyed!! Thanx for letting me read it!! :-) ( )
  jennifferhope | May 17, 2015 |
Heavy language makes for a rough read but if you can get past it there are some really well written stories in this anthology. Mr Turner is showing that he can write with each story and book getting better and better. All are fantasy world driven with swords and sorcery abounding and one or two have a laugh out loud story line (Magical Entities Not for Sale). Fun read and a great way to spend an afternoon in the sun! ( )
  Scoshie | Apr 11, 2013 |
copy received from Member Giveaway

The content of these stories were interesting and show promise. Unlike some other reviewers I am quite familiar with the style the author employed, and was able to understand what he was saying. I do think the author needs some more experience, a few characters were pretty flat. Good effort by a new writer, some stories had nice twists and turns on the fantasy genre. ( )
  kkunker | Mar 9, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Chris Turner's book Fantastic Realms was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Chris Turner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,075,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible