Finishing Touches by Deanna Kizis

Finishing Touches

by Deanna Kizis

Sometimes you read or watch a story that really shakes you, reaches into your soul and evokes so much emotion that it surprises you. That's what I experienced after having read Finishing Touches by Deanna Kizis.

There are so many things in it that I can relate to my own life - the fragile nature of friendship, and that no one can ever be unfailingly selfless, even with those they truly love.

For me, the book is a testament to the power of friendship; that, even after many years without them, our friends still impact us. But that's only the first layer. I will be contemplating this book for a while. Evocative, engaging read. I highly recommend it. ( )
  snugasa | Mar 4, 2010 |

When aspiring L.A. interior designer Jesse Holtz loses her dearest friend, Cecile, in a car accident, shes sideswiped by grief. Cecile was always the most beguiling girl in the roomthe kind of girl Jesse always wished she could be. With no manual for how to mourn when youre a 29-year-old with an eye for flea market finds but terrible taste in men, Jesse turns to the only person who understandsCeciles widower, Zach. Then, life takes an unexpected turn: Is Jesses friendship with Zach starting to feel like the beginnings of a romance? Or is Jesse just losing perspective as she juggles her feelings and her condescending boss? And what if she and Zach got togetherwould she lose all her other friends in the process? For Jesse, the questions keep piling up, with answers nowhere in sight. A tragic comedy that makes for a breathtakingly optimistic read, FINISHING TOUCHES is the story of a woman who just might learn that life, like any good interior, can always use a little rearranging.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:22 -0400)

"A young woman deals with her best friend's death and the ripple effect it has on her own life, including finding comfort in the arms of her late friend's husband"--Provided by the publisher.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,046 books! | Top bar: Always visible