Getting Lucky by D. C. Brod

Getting Lucky

by D. C. Brod

For my review please visit my blog: Martin's View: Getting Lucky. ( )
  Martin_Maenza | Apr 14, 2017 |
Getting Lucky by DC Brod
4 STARS
This book was about finding what killed a reporter. Was it just a drunk who ran her down? Or was it because of a story she was working on? What was she working on.
Robyn is having coffee with her mom at their favorite place, when Robyn gets the news of Clair death. Robyn takes her mom back to her assited living apartment.
Robyn is a freelance writer for the paper. She takes over the one article that clair was assigned and also follow through on the hit and run of Clair.
Clair was writing on a new green housing development. Robyn tried to learn
and follow Clair's trail. Robyn finds some pictures on her camera of a meeting being of two guys.
Robyn sees her boyfriend Mick at a restraunt with a younger woman. Robyn at 40 does not want kids. Mick is not sure he wants kids or not. He is not ready to make sure of that decision right now. So they are cooling off.
Mick is still a big help to Robyn and they are not yet ready to lose their friendship.
Robyn's mom wants to buy a house and live in it with Robyn. Her mom is starting to have problems with her memory.
Robyn & Mick get called by his new secratary to help because a john died in her sister's apartment. She is trying to get out of that life, but if her sister finds out he was at their apartment she would be homeless. Robyn had just
had dinner with him about the housing development and lunch with his wife Kat an old high school rival. So they ended up moving the body and putting it in his car in a parking lot.
Their is laughter and serious mystery. It is a nice story and I would like to see more of the characters Robyn and Mick. I was lent this ebook in exchange of honest review from Netgalley.
Dec.11,2011 PUB Tyrus Books ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jan 26, 2012 |
A mystery now and then I enjoy a lot. And so six weeks ago I read Getting Lucky.

The book was quite disappointing. The mystery is a 'hit and run', ie, someone drove away after Claire, a young reporter, was lethally hit. But is it an accident? Why would Claire at that time be there walking her dog. Robyn Guthrie, who will finish her ​​story, investigates ...

Somewhere I have the idea that the story is a sequel, because I seem to miss background information about the characters every now and then. Whether that is true, I just can not find. Furthermore, the story is pretty standard and somewhat predictable. No innovative thriller and no unexpected issues. In other words, perfectly readable, but there are certainly better thriller / detective around ...

http://boekenwijs.blogspot.com/2011/11/getting-lucky.html ( )
  boekenwijs | Dec 27, 2011 |

"When a young reporter is killed in a hit-and-run accident, freelance writer Robyn Guthrie agrees to finish one of the stories the reporter had been writing for the local newspaper. But nothing is as simple as it seems when she uncovers shady land deals, encounters an old high school nemesis, and attempts to fend off her aging mother's latest notion."--P. [4] of jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible